Licorice & Lace - you asked for pictures...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the pleasure of seeing this quilt in person at MQX, like many of us.

It is stunning in person. So perfect, you think it is done by computer, but there is that special something that makes you know in your heart it is by hand. Actually, I recognized the templates!

Just stunning. Beautiful colors. Well deserved congratulations!

Lisa Burghart

APQS Liberty

Circe Lord

NJ

Birgit, I just ran through the post again and see where you answered my question about how you did this !!! Oh my !! That makes it a ZILLION times even more impressive!! WOW What talent! It must just OOOOZZZ from you!! Wow and double wow!!! BEAUTIFUL! linda

I hardly can believe all those great comments!

Linda - as mentioned before, I quilted this on my non-computerized Milli in SR mode using my Hartley Fence extended base, a straight line ruler and the Melon template set by Kimmy Brunner. In fact, I used the melon guides for quilting AND for cutting the edge shape. This was a lot of fun!

Annette - you are right, this is the one for the "Tools of the Trade" category at MQS. My Theme quilt for this year ("Dreamcatcher - Caught a Dream") is completely different.

Did anybody happen to have taken a picture of this quilt at MQX - with the ribbon?

I cannot thank you all enough for looking and leaving your comments. This is very special to me.

Take care,

Birgit

Stunningly gorgeous Birgit. Can't wait to see it in person at MQS next month. Thank you for sending it to the US. It's interesting how some of your quilting forms lines that pick up in other blocks. You've inspired me to spend more time doing more intricate work. It really is worth the effort when the results are so lovely.

Vicki

Archived