Just got my new Lenni!!! Hurray!

Hey y'all APQS'ers! New to the wonderful world of quilting and just got my Lenni. Jim is coming Monday to install for me (can't wait!!!).

A little bird told me after I gave birth to my one month premature miracle girl that I just HAD to find a way to stay home with her, and that little bird brought me to the APQS website. I cannot even express how excited I am to start my new venture in life with LA'ing.

Are there any suggestions you fabulous quilters can offer to a newbie with lots of ambition? :) So happy to be apart of this creative satisfying industry!

Hey, Jade, I have had my Lenni since 2008 and she has never given me grief. She is light, smooth, and makes a perfect stitch every time. You are going to just love how good she will be to you. You don't say where you are from but I hope it is from the South in the USA. We need more quilty friends down here!;) You will love this forum. Your little bird is a smart cookie!

Congratulations e and welcome to the forum and the Lenni sisterhood. I too have a Lenni and have enjoyed her for about 20 months now. I can't wait to say that I have had her 2 years she and I will celebrate that time in August and I am about to give her a new home in my new studio. We are about a week to 10 days from moving in. So exciting all these great times we have together and here on the forum.

Thank you to all of you Lenni lovers. The encouragement and support is really appreciated.

Are there any good LA basic DVDs anyone can recommend? It's kind of difficult to get out of the house for a class right now with the little girl, but the only one I can seem to find online is Myrna Ficken's Beginning Longarm Quilting. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hi Jade. Welcome to the APQS family and as a proud new mother of a Lenni! You're going to LOVE it! I'm a relative newbie too, having just purchased my Lenni last June. Besides the many, many tips from this talented group which have been invaluable, another thing that helps me is watching some of the different on-line videos, like on YouTube and MQResource and also QNNtv. I have had the opportunity to attend all of the classes with Dawn, plus just recently took the Maintenance Class with Amy in March so that has been great. But I know that watching the on-line videos has helped me a lot too. Plus many, many hours of practicing on my muslin "sandwiches". So relax, have fun and don't be afraid to get started. And hop on here and ask for help whenever you need it. Everyone is so helpful! Welcome again. :D

Welcome Jade, I'm sure you will love your Lenni! I've had mine for about 6 weeks and have been having a lot of fun practicing. As someone suggested, I've been watching as many Youtube videos as I can. Another great resource is reading all the posts on the APQS forum, lots of great info here! My suggestion is to make sure you get some thread, as I used up the spools that came with my machine and now I'm waiting for my thread to arrive so I can get started on a real quilt.

I bought my Lenni in November 2009. The videos are great (Myrna Fickens are wonderful and inspiring)..but some word of advice...have the TV where your Lenni is! It took me a couple of months to get going. I drove a few hours to take a beginner and advanced beginner class in the same weekend and about an hour after the first class, I was ready to go home and get moving on it. It's the little things you don't know that can stop you from moving further because you second guess yourself. Ever since, I'm pretty much unstoppable, atleast for the pantos. I am almost ready to move on to custom work which is what I think I will enjoy most (working from the front of the machine) so I hope to plan some classes with Myrna soon for inspiration and ideas. I love my Lenni. Any advice I can offer from one newbie to another, I'm here for you!

I love my Lenni, Penny. Sadly, I have to admit most of the problems have been operator mistakes.. Just closely notice what happens when you do this or that, and avoid the problem makers, like the tension, timing, etc.

Welcome to the board all you newbies, I see several on this thread that I don't remember greeting, but it can be my mind, which is poor in the memory department.

Lots of info on You Tube, I still go there to see if anything is new..

RitaR

Hi Marilyn,

We rode bike on the trails near Lanesboro and Preston a couple of years ago--very pretty and great trails! Our daughter and her husband are moving to Rochester this week, so I hope to get down there sometime soon. I live in Willmar, pretty much in the center of the state. It's nice to hear from another Minnesotan, especially a Lenni owner!

hi jade,

happy happy for you!!! i have only had my lenni since early january and i am very pleased. i have been practicing on donation quilts . it has really helped. be careful of your posture when at the machine. i have had some upper back problems from poor posture. i have been doing some exercises to strenghten the muscles in my back and things have much improved. i run about 15 miles a week and never thought i had weak neck muscles : ( so just be careful and enjoy your lenni!!

shea :):):)

Archived