Sign in to follow this  
Joy

How many quilts

I just quilt for myself so the number is very small. But, Joy, if you maintain the pace all year that you did during the Circle Lord challenge, you must be one high energy lady. Holy cow, I just counted your quilts and if I counted right, you have 88 quilts in the challenge! You could have a one woman show with all of the quilting that you do. And you do lovely work! :):):) I hope that you win something in the challenge - you put us over the top with all of the entries that you had.

EF895DFA46EABF5DCB57E11F31E1DE91.png

Carmen in the Ozarks

That works out to be something like 2 a week - I could imagine dealing with that. I was on DeLoa's site the other day, and based on info there, it looks like she does ~600/year. Now THAT is amazing. Either she has someone to help, she is incredibly productive, or I misunderstood the statistics.

All of us newbies that have some hope of a small quilting business think about these things:-)

Bonnie

(and Amazing Grace)

I did about 80 + last year. I know a elderly couple that has been quilting for about 30 years and they do 700+ quilts a year but they do a lot of stipple or big pantos. Would love to do more a year and keep trying. Taking less customs helps.

Sheryl

Sheryl Hardy

APQS Sales Representative

Thanks Carmen and Joanne

You both are too funny

I worked full time as a labratory technician until March this year all of us were retrenched 83 in total.

They told us at the start of february we had four weeks then get put off.

I had been there for 21 1/4 years

So since feb I have been quilting full time, but I was lucky I have vertually been doing it full time as well as working so I have my customer base already lucky for me.

So when the circlelord challenge came I thought go for it. I haven't got a wage any more so I might as well try and win something.

As I cost around 150 - 200 dollars just for postage.

You are all lucky living over there.

Thanks

Wow that piqued my interest so I went back and checked my Quickbooks invoices and I did 103 customer quilts in 2009. Last year was my 2nd year in business (double what I did in 2008) I hope I continue on this trend.

I do this quilting biz as a small side business so the only time I can quilt is on evenings or weekends. I will say that I was very busy on weekends in the quilting room.

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Shana.

That was two a week and you work full time too. You were one very busy lady.

I only did 134 in the first two years that I had my machine, and that is not working full time. I have spent a lot more of my time designing quilts and doing lesson plans!

I was better time organised when I did work full time.

Lyn

Lyn Crump   Hand Guided 2013 Millenium Blissed and Gliding    APQS Sales Rep SE Qld Australia   www.busyquilting.com.au   On Facebook and Instagram as BusyQuilting

Attitude is everything - So pick a good one!

When I was in business, I quilted about 250 to 325 a year. One Christmas I quilted 70 quilts between November 1st and December 20th. Needless to say, I was working from about 8 am to11 pm. Never again. I was worn out:o

363702C2B0808C78BC03248E42546B9B.png

I quilt mostly for myself, my Mom, quilt group charity quilts and a few "paying customer" jobs. I imagine maybe 100 a year but not all big ones. A lot of baby and lap size quilts. I would like to do a little more for customers, but also don't want to get bogged down so tight that I don't have fun any more. Maybe I can hit a happy medium soon. :)

D7F6E8B831DDA5A10DA95B7BBCD5C9C7.png

APQS Millenium and Quiltazoid

Originally posted by Busy Quilting

.... I have spent a lot more of my time designing quilts and doing lesson plans!....Lyn

Lyn,

I want to be like you some day... I want to retire so I can just create and play and (maybe here and there... do a few customer quilts on the side) but retirement "goal" for me is 7-10 years away. I am 47 right now. My goal is to retire by 55 so I can be a Full Time Quilty Queen.... Anyway, DH and are are still stuffing $$$ away in savings account and 401k so we shall see how the cookie crumbles. :D

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

I've done 13 quilts and 3 fleece blankets since I purchased my Lenni last summer. I will be getting my first "customer quilt" tomorrow so am hoping for many more. But I work full time so like many others here, will only be able to quilt evenings and weekends, but that's ok. :) I've got 7 years to go until I can retire and really get into it. :D

7DB2A4AC89F5B22F06C2F6E830E59F15.pngHandquided 2009 Lenni - BLISSED :):)

Clicked on this thinking it might be a "How many quilts does it take......" to.....................????????????

Always Learning...................
BDD01DC46EEB682EED5DD080AA4D13E9.png
When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.

Originally posted by Butterfly

I've only been able to do about 10 a month. I'm not working full days though and most of them are large customs. I'm hoping that I can increase that number in the coming months and also increase the number of all-overs I do.

Jess

ONLY 10 customs a month! I can spend 2-3 weeks on one large custom! You arew doing great girlfriend!

I quilted approximately 20 quilts last year. And so far only 5 this year..I think! I need more time to piece then I can quilt more! :D

Kristina at website http://withakquilting.blogspot.com/ and personal blog http://froggybottomquilting.blogspot.com/

Hoppily quilting along with FROGGER - my Green Millennium, and TOAD - my Liberty. Quiltazoid equipped too!