Baltimore Album finished with 17 (!) pictures

Thank you one and all for kind comments.

to Lyn: I marked each block with an air-erasable pen because it appears that when one uses the blue water-soluble pen, the entire quilt should be submerged to remove the marks, and I wasn't about to do that with someone else's quilt. Interestingly enough, I had some masking tape that was the right width that I was able to use for my "ruler."

For any of you who don't know how to measure for cross-hatching, somewhere here on the forum I learned this trick: Take a length of paper (adding machine tape is ideal) the exact length of one side of block (assuming block is perfectly square, of course). Then fold it in half however many times it takes to get the lines the width apart you want them. If you're not happy with folding in half, try folding it first into thirds. Mark the fold lines at the edge of the block and stitch. Removes all the math, and is foolproof. I can't take the credit for the idea; just repeating what I learned here a while back for any newcomers.

I have a Gammill without a "crosshatch board" or whatever the term is. If they make an attachment for cross hatching, I would certainly recommend it and if they make one for Gammill, I will buy it.

to Marilyn H. [i know approximately how old you are! New mothers aren't naming their new babies "Marilyn" any more and it's going the way of Myrtle and Gladys!] I didn't keep track of the total number of hours, and I should have. I'm sorry I didn't. Evidently I could have charged more, but I have a happy customer who has a lot of contacts, so that might be better than making more on this quilt.

This is the second quilt I have cross-hatched.

Archived