Metro Thread

I am quilting out a quilt now with the Metro Thread. I have used 3 colors so far. It is quilting out like a dream. The thread colors are vibrant and beautiful the thread feels silky and soft and it looks just soooooo good on the quilt!!!!! Not one skipped stitch, not one tension problem, not one broken thread. I had been using Madeira which stitches out really well on Lenni and I didn't even have to adjust the tension when I changed thread. When I get the quilt off the frame I'll post a picture. :D:D:D Some of the rest of you ordered some; have you had good luck with yours as well?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Between the Metro Thread and Fil-Tec Magna Bobbins, NO MORE TENSION ISSUES!!! Yippee!!!

I am currently quilting a huge 110 X 110 raffle quilt for my guild and it is really coming out beautifully. I'll post pics when done and will bring it to the next Moxie meeting May 1.

I love my metro thread too..... used it on a baby quilt last week, flannel fabric on top, minky backing. It quilted beautifully, not one single thread break, and perfect tension. It's great! My only complaint..... I live in Canada, and can't order single cones....:( They only ship assorted "packages" to Canada. What do I do when I run out of my favorite color?!!:o:mad::P

Originally posted by Sharon M

I live in Canada, and can't order single cones....:( They only ship assorted "packages" to Canada. What do I do when I run out of my favorite color?!!:o:mad::P

What do you do? You email your buddy Linda R and she will package and mail it to you! With the current exchange rate I would order some now if I were you!!

I also love Metro thread. I just finished this one today--it's a wedding quilt. The customer and I decided on a shiny silver-gray Metro. I also quilted words and names in the borders in neon-green Highlights. BL in the bobbin--no tension issues or breakage. Yay!

It's not a show quilt, but we need to show more bread-and-butter stuff here so the newbies aren't afraid to post pics!:D

post--1346190393994_thumb.jpg

Every time I check in I learn something new! I never dreamed I could use embroidery thread in the LA ! Actually, I should have known it would work, as I had an embroidery module machine once and know the stress some of those designs put on thread.

I looked up Metro and was amazed how inexpensive it is. I thought I found something great in Glide from Fil-Tec (and it is), but might give Metro a try. Also been reading some about Floriani Thread working nice.

Linda......thank you for posting a "regular" quilt. I might get brave now and post pictures of my next project. I am totally amazed at some of the quilting you gals do ! WOW..............:P

Linda R, thank you! I just recently got my pkg of 34 cones, and I can't decide yet which one is my favorite color! They are all so nice! And I haven't even put a dent in the pile yet. I should be good for awhile, but I will keep you in mind. Thank you again for your generous offer! See! This forum is such a great place! Quilters are such nice people! :)

Sharon they will ship other than the made up packages to Canada. I wanted to select my own colours and get multiples of some.

I emailed them and asked if I could make up an order. You have to cut and paste the thread charts/order form to a word doc and email it back to them. It's takes a couple of weeks for the whole transaction to be complete, but it works. You have to order 25 - 30 cones, but you get to pick your colours and quantities.

The email address is Metro Embroidery Thread [infometroem@yahoo.com] They will need your postal code to figure out shipping charges.

If you need more info, let me know

Gail

Sharon, I know what you mean about needing something bigger to store your threads in. :P

Linda, I like how you quilted that top, and I agree, that we need to see more utility quilts, although I want everyone to continue showing pictures of their show quality quilts, too. I want to see them all! :)

I bought the large box of Metro threads, too, and used a few colors on the panel I made for Linzi. I did not have any problem using it, either. I used Sew Fine in my bobbin and QD Puff batting.

I sent in an order last night for some of the mini cones to give a try. Does anyone know how long that sale is going on. Great prices ! I think I just graduated to needing more thread storage, too.

I separated my threads yesterday according to what size needle is needed for them. The King Tut, LAVA and anything else similar went into one box with the larger needles to use with it. Then the other threads went into a different box with the smaller needles that work with those ! Now, I will remember to use the proper needle when I choose a thread.

Has anyone else tried the varigated thread? I love the Metro I loaded into the bobbins but the Metro varigated thread broke frequently for a while until I got the tension right but it seems as if the color changes go on for a little too long, too many inches of the same color--does that make sense? Think I like the Superior varigated thread better.

Great thread storage cabinets are the "Alex" drawer units from Ikea. They keep the thread out of the light and dust, are on rollers, and fit under the machine if you are short of space. I've stacked a couple; minus rollers on the top one, and screwed two brackets on the back and two on each side to keep them together. Each unit has 6 drawers, is 23.5" high (with out rollers), 26" W and 19" D. (had the dimensions sitting next to the computer cuz I was re-organizing space) Two sets of stacked units, and you can sort by cotton or poly, weight, and cone size. I think I might be a bit (make that a lot) anal about sorted thread. The thread for my emboidery machine is all sorted by colour in those small plastice four drawer units. We needn't go into how many of those there are. My thread addiction is fast approaching the intervention stage. But it's so pretty. :o

g

Archived