Metro Thread

Have just finished two show quilt and 2 customer quilts and 1 utility quilts. I washed my show quilts and my utility quilt and they washed up fine. The thread looks just as good after it comes out of the wash/dry as it did when it went in. I have blocked my quilts and they finish drying up nicely. I have frogged one small section of one of the quilts and I had no residue left. So, I will continue to use it on the quilts I do. Others may have different experiences but I have only positive ones myself.:P:P

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very happy to read all of the comments on the Metro Thread. They all are very helpful.

I am glad now that I placed my order with Metro.

For all of you who like this thread you might want to check the webssite if you have not been there recently as the thread is on sale at a very good price.

This thread (no pun intended) has had a devastating on my CC. After reading that Heidi had ordered all 166 colors I decided to check out the site. I just got the notice that my package is being shipped today. I am going to get all my machine embroidery projects together to see what to try first.

Pamela

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered Metro Thread after seeing this post. It adds such a pretty texture to the quilting. On my second quilt I pulled out a beautiful green, but noticed that there was a knot on the top about a 1/4 inch in..I e-mailed them and told them of the problem last night and today I get a e-mail right back saying the new cone is in the mail! How about that for customer service!!! Would I do business with them again...you bet! Thanks for turning me on to Metro Thread..and thank you Metro for standing behind there product!

Lori

I ordered Metro Thread after seeing this post. It adds such a pretty texture to the quilting. On my second quilt I pulled out a beautiful green, but noticed that there was a knot on the top about a 1/4 inch in..I e-mailed them and told them of the problem last night and today I get a e-mail right back saying the new cone is in the mail! How about that for customer service!!! Would I do business with them again...you bet! Thanks for turning me on to Metro Thread..and thank you Metro for standing behind there product!

Lori

Originally posted by PamelaA

This thread (no pun intended) has had a devastating on my CC. After reading that Heidi had ordered all 166 colors I decided to check out the site. I just got the notice that my package is being shipped today. I am going to get all my machine embroidery projects together to see what to try first.

Pamela

Hey just trying to help a girl out. I got mine to do embroidery mostly but also thought I'd try a few of the big cones of colors I use all the time. I don't know that my customers will go for a shiny thread or not. I used Metro thread to quilt a bag I'm doing for myself and it quilted beautifully! Not one problem with it. I guess I'll be trying it on more of my quilts.

Originally posted by PamelaA

Pamela

Hey just trying to help a girl out. I got mine to do embroidery mostly but also thought I'd try a few of the big cones of colors I use all the time. I don't know that my customers will go for a shiny thread or not. I used Metro thread to quilt a bag I'm doing for myself and it quilted beautifully! Not one problem with it. I guess I'll be trying it on more of my quilts.

My primary intention for ordering the Metro is for the machine embroidery. I may use it in the Millie as well. The main difference I see in the construction of the Metro thread versus the So Fine that I usually quilt with is that the So Fine is a 3 ply thread and the Metro is a 2 ply. I don't know if or how this might affect long term wear in a heavily used quilt.

I do like the shine of the Metro in the embroidery projects.

My primary intention for ordering the Metro is for the machine embroidery. I may use it in the Millie as well. The main difference I see in the construction of the Metro thread versus the So Fine that I usually quilt with is that the So Fine is a 3 ply thread and the Metro is a 2 ply. I don't know if or how this might affect long term wear in a heavily used quilt.

I do like the shine of the Metro in the embroidery projects.

I love, love, LOVE this thread. I have used it a few times and it is just beautiful. Quilts like a dream. I haven't had the slightest tension issue or any breakage either.

Tracey

I got the package deal back when all you girls were talking about it.

I love, love, LOVE this thread. I have used it a few times and it is just beautiful. Quilts like a dream. I haven't had the slightest tension issue or any breakage either.

Tracey

I got the package deal back when all you girls were talking about it.

• 4 months later...

I ordered the 116 cone box and the colors are beautiful and so shiny. I use it primarily for machine embroidery. The only problem I have found is that one on my embroidery machines I got a lot of shredding and breaking. The first thing I did was to change the needle to a new one with a bigger eye. Still shredding. I then started reducing the tension. My machine's regular setting for embroidery is 4. I reduced it to 3.8. then 3.6, then 3.4, then, finally at 3.2 the shredding stopped. I am so glad I got it worked out as the Metro thread looks so good in the embroidery.

Isn't this thread awesome? I am quilting almost exclusively with it, my customers love the sheen and the way it adds "live" to the Quilt. I have on lady who touches the stitching almost with "reverence" for a better word. She just loves it all, and I am happy. The thread is economical, quilts nice, no tension issues, washes great (I have it on my snuggle Quilt with minkee on the back and use it lots) and....the will start shipping the mini spools to Canada soon. Gotta love a great deal!

Archived