NQR-gone buggy!

I found this creature taking a stroll on my deck yesterday! Anyone know what it is? I swear it growled at me when I captured it in this baby bottle! Now I see it has wings and these weird curled eyelashes. It is about 1.5" long and scares the bejeebers out of me. I pray it has no family!!!!

Guest Linda S

OMG! That is an incredible bug! :o I've never seen one like it before. It must be a Lolita Lashes Lascivious! :P Good thing my cat Vincent isn't anywhere near it -- he'd chomp it right down and be sick later on. (ICK!)

Linda

You guys absolutly crack me up!

One of my friends husbands has been trying to find out what it is, and found a website called www.whatsthatbug.com (REALLY) I was creeped out looking at everything that co-excists on our planet with us and had to shut it down! I did email the bug guy though!

BTW, Lolita stopped moving and now rests quitely on her back...so sad (NOT)

How about a Japanese Beatle. I don't know. Do you have a group of master gardeners at your local university or extension office, or a conservation department? They can tell you right away what that is...Personally, I think it looks cool, but I'm glad it is in your back yard and not mine;)

I hate cucumbers, they make me belch. However, much as I hate gross looking bugs, I could never squish it! I would much rather keep it in the baby bottle and look at it's long lovely lashes and let it rest in peace on it's back! What that actually means is this: If you open the bottle and poke it, it'll get ya!

Somehow the thought of it being a normal cucumber beetle takes all the fun out out of it! I am sticking to it being a Quilting bug, Lolita Lashes Lascivious or a very rare Quilteronium Washingtonis! I am sure the bug man will concur!

Yes Sherry:

I like the name you gave it much better. :D

I just looked on the internet, & couldn't find a cucumber beetle with lashes like your bug so I'm going to keep checking to see if I can find out what it's really called.

I'll let you know if & when I find it ;)

Archived