Applying Binding with my longarm

The U-Tube 3 part video is great!! Just be patient with the downloads, it is well worth watching. That is the slickest way to apply the binding I've ever tried. However I wasn't as patient as I should have been and I thought I knew it all. It worked but next time, I will find the middle of my binding and start at the top like you are supposed to do. Why do I always have to make things harder for myself?:D:D I used my hopping foot as a guide instead of a ruler. Next time it will be perfect!!

Sheryl

I tried it, too, only made the mistake of starting at the bottom of the quilt and applied the binding as I rolled back. BUT, the miters at the top end didn't come out right because I was folding up and down the wrong way. Guess there IS a reason to do it as we are shown !!!! ;) I also learned from the U Tube video..........very good.

I had watched the YouTube videos suggested by Michelle some time ago, but I still wasn't convinced. This morning, I attached my first binding using my longarm. I'm hooked:) Sheryl, thanks for the reminder to find the middle of the binding and to start at the top. The process went much more smoothly than I expected. Georgene, thanks for the info on the MQR video. I will look have a look at that video for hints to make this even more fun!

Lynn

I made a binding for the quilt I am working on now and as I pressed it, I found the center and marked with a pin. Then folded the ends in toward the middle so now I can lay the binding at the top of the quilt and start stitching it down, unfolding the ends as I go. After I got the ends folded to the center, I tied them loosely with a scrap of fabric. I am anxious to give this a try. I put a binding on before with the LA, but didn't have it folded up and then had these long tails to contend with. :(

Archived