Sign in to follow this  
quiltlover03

Butterflies and Orchids Pictures

Hello, I have been MIA for a couple of weeks (months)? how time flies when you are having fun. Life just happens and time seems to fly.

I would like to share this pictures with you of my Butterflies and Orchids Quilt, entirely quilted with Metro Embroidery Thread. It was a pleasure to work with it. I used prewound bobbins and a 4.0 needle. I am pleased with my first set of "bump bump" feathers, but there is a lot of room for improvement yet! Taking babysteps......

Your feedback is always welcome.

post--13461904027319_thumb.jpg

E02CEAF0D0F32E39FB0DAC48EEAEDBE8.png

Once bound and washed I am planning to add embellishments in the center of the Orchids and hot fix crystals here and there, and then my friend just came back from Paducah, and (all) she brought me was a set of ceramic butterfly buttons. I think they will go on the Quilt as well.

Last picture I promise

post--13461904028428_thumb.jpg

E02CEAF0D0F32E39FB0DAC48EEAEDBE8.png

Oh my goodness!! Wowowowow! It is so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

It looks like the butterflies are leaping off of the quilt! Gorgeous.

I am so proud of you!!!!!

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Monika~

That is just beautiful!!!

You did an amazing job with this one.

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!

Laura

Laura Farnham
APQS Rep, Colorado
Sales ~ Service~ Education

www.whisperstitchstudio.com

719~510~0599

laurathelongarmer@gmail.com

Whisper Stitch Studio, LLC

every quilt tells a story.......

.....you just have to listen

Beautiful! I love, love, love that background fill! I was missing you on here, too!

7CB1BF7B399CF481C4AED78FE8002A31.png

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Guest Linda S

Oh how pretty! I love the contrast of the bright fabrics against the white background. Your trapunto is just lovely.

Linda'