NQR Prayers Needed

My 98 year old mom has lived with my husband and I for years. I am the youngest of 13 children and she is the heart of our family. She has been sick for a few weeks but we thought she had a virus. She has gotten sicker and sicker in the past week. Her skin started to turn yellow a few days ago so tests were run and she has hepatitis. I had always hoped that when the time came she would just go quietly in her sleep without suffering. She is so awful sick now. She wanted to get up for awhile today and she tried to piece a block on her quilt but became so sick she had to go back to bed. I have taken care of her for so many years but I can't do anything to help now and it is breaking my heart. I have sleeping bags on the floor in her room and I am sleeping there. She stopped walking a couple of days ago so I use a wheelchair now. Please pray that it will either be over with soon or it will get better soon

Cheri - you are a special person. Your mom must have a big wonderful heart to have raised such a kind and caring daughter. I will pray for the best possible outcome for you and your family and am sending only good thoughts to you. Hang in there...

Oh Cheri, you just brought tears to my eyes. I completely understand what you are going through. My dear Mother passed away in November 2008 at 91 years old. She lived in her own home and was still very active. Then she got sick. I took her to the doctors on November 12 and she was admitted to the hospital. She passed away on November 21. Even though they were 9 very, very long days and nights, it was still very quick compaired to many. That was a real blessing for all of us. For her, it meant she was not in pain for months or years, and for the family, we did not have to watch her suffer for a long time.

If it is her time to pass, I pray that it is quickly and as peacefully as possible.

So sad Cheri that this illness is causing so much pain and grief. If you can find some moments of peace that bring a little bit of sunshine to both of you, try to make some smiles and reflect on some good memories. I'll bet she will really appreciate that. And sometimes people just want to hang on so they do; the power to live is amazing. If you tell her it's OK to relax and be at peace in her soul. I say prayers that she gets well.

Prayers for you and your Mom, what a trooper wanting to piece a block even when she is sick. Don't we all wish to be piecing blocks at 98, WOW you are truly blessed indeed to have your Mom with you so long. I pray she gets better soon or finds peace with the Lord!!

Cheri, my heart breaks for you. What a wonderful dughter you are, and I'm sure your Mom is so appriciative of the care you give her. Hug her, hold her hand, tell her what a wonderful mother she is and how much you love her. Charish every minute you have left to spend together. I lost my mom 3 years ago, and I still miss her every day, she was only 68. Even though it was very hard physicaly and emotionaly to care for her it was an honor and a privilege. I can tell you feel the same. I'll be praying for both of you. ((((((((HUGS))))))))

You and your Mom are in our prayers. My mom was very healthy until she was 80, for which we were thankful. But the last two years of her life was awful for her- it just doesn't seem fair. I totally understand the desire and the wish for them to pass quietly in peace.

Hugs and Love.

Jane and Dave

prayers go up as I whisper your names, for peace of mind and ease of heart pain.. for His will and that you and your Mum will still have some good times.. prayers for all the family.. mostly for you who are so wonderful to have her live with you and caring for her.. you are as special to her as she is to you.

God Bless, and Huge Hugs..

ritar

Archived