Claudia's class at MQS - I'm practicing!

OK, so far this year I've taken Karen McT's Victorian Feathers class, Irena Bluhm's Bluhming Feathers class, watched Claudia's DVD, and I want to be able to do feathers! Doesn't everyone? I was reluctant to sign up for Claudia's class because I thought I needed to be able to actually make nice feathers before I got there, but hey! If I could already do nice feathers then maybe I wouldn't need the class, and Oh Boy! Do I need the class! I signed up and thought the worst that could happen is she would tell me I need a lot more practice before I come to her class. :P I really think she is too nice to do that. Anyway, I started practicing on my sketch pad, and then on fabric. Here's my first attempt. Notice how I took the picture far enough away from it so that you can't see the hit and miss backtracking? :D I've had my Millie just over a year now and still feel like a total newbie in my quilting infancy but I'm looking forward the the class and maybe one day I'll actually be able to put feathers on a real quilt. :)

post--13461904030501_thumb.jpg

Carmen, You hit the pattern on the head.. I love the way you make different patterns with them, and love the bottom swath of feathers and how they just look like they are floating together. Can't explain what I mean any better.

Ritar

Carmen, your feathers are looking great! And...you are going to love Claudia's class. I just received 200 of her DVD's that she will have at MQS plus her class handouts that I will copy and have ready for her when she arrives in KC late on Sunday night. I took a sneak peek last night......shhhh.....let's just say....you are going to love it.

Thanks so much to everyone, you all have such nice things to say about my feathers. I need to work on the "V" where they branch off, the long ones wobble on the return, and when I say "hit and miss" backtracking, well...it is mostly miss! :D You think I should put them on a real quilt? gasp!!! Not one of mine! :P But I think I'll put feathers on the donation baby quilts that I do for the guild. I know I'll get better with the practice. PPP. With perseverence the snail reached the ark. :)

Archived