One for the Show

Had this one to do for a quilt show in San Deigo in August. Was so nervous as I never had anyone ask me to do one for a show. Just hope she at least gets honorable mention.

and this is the back of it but not happy how the photo turned out like you could see the seam, but when I looked at it in real life again you can't really see it:C:\Documents and Settings\connie\My Documents\My Pictures\Sherron's quilts

qfairy.....

would love to see the photos, but your images don't show. You need to retry.

Under the original post hit the reply button on the bottom right. This will take you to another screen. Towards the bottom you will see a space that says "attachment". Click on the browse button and then locate the files on your computer. Hit reply and then it should show up as a posting.

Patty

Qfairy,

I can certainly identify with you. I'm just finishing up a king size quilt for a customer. She is going to be putting it into the Iowa state fair. My customer wanted some custom quilting I was absolutely terrified to do anything to the quilt and just paralyzed with fear cuz I've only been quilting part time since last October and have never had a quilt in a fair or show of any kind. I finally had to tell myself to just do my best and it is no different than any other quilt that I do for this customer.

Once I got started, I was ok and so far, I'm pleased with the results. I'll be finishing up some cross hatching tonight after work and hopefull my customer will pick the quilt up tomorrow. I'm sure my customer will also be pleased.

Deb

WOW

I am wondering how the flowers were put on too.

and how did you make the quilting stick out so much on the back?

It looks like a ridge all around the flowers and petals and the hearts....

Like when you do bobbin work, up side down........ that is fantastic and if the fair judges dont think so..... we'll like em up and shoot T pins at them........:D

I love your work, Q-Fairy! Beautiful, even texture behind the sunflower and the border is gorgeous. What stencil did you use? How did you do the narrow raised edge on that one border? Its stunning......I hope you gained a lot of confidence in doing this quilt. I think the judges will be impressed.

Another wonderful quilt from a Phil Beaver workshop! I was privileged to spend 5 days under Phil's instruction at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Art Conference in Canmore, Alberta in March. I must say that about 100% of the students were successful in this class. I've never had so much fun, or felt so fulfilled after a workshop. My top isn't finished (still have to do some major work on my leaves!), but here are the pieces laid out on a Ricky Tims hand dyed background piece in a "tentative" arrangement.

When I took this class I was determined not to make the chickens and sunflowers. Just not my thing! BUT, after going through the process, I've ALMOST turned into a country gal. ;)

I LOVE the way you quilted this, and the back is amazing. You've given me some great ideas for when I quilt mine. I'm determined to get it finished before the date says 2007.

Darlene I like your background choose of fabric is awesome. By the way I got your books yesterday and can't quit looking them over. Use the fern design in a border today. As for the applique leaves they are a Micheal Miller hand dyed fabric she got in Ca. They are raw edges ironed on with that sticky stuff. My thread was determined to keep breaking as I was quilting through the leaves but kept tilting my needle each time til I got Tink to go through it and she did a great job...finally.

As for the border the stencil I got at the KC quilt show its called:Bud Border. Golden Threads offers it on their website. And the back some how it looks like it is raised with the quilting I did, but thats just how it showed up in the photo. Its not really like that in real person. Glad everyone gave me such rave reviews. Thanks so much. Still learning to do background fillers so this was a first besides just small meandering.

Guest Linda S

Oooo lala! I love the back, by the way -- looks very arty. I took Karen McTavish's class at MQX this year instead of Phil Beaver's. I hope he'll be teaching there next year, as I would love to take a class from him.

Linda

Archived