Reporting in after HQMS awards night!

Hi everybody,

I'm checking in from HQMS in Salt Lake City. Last night was the awards ceremony and there's some great news:

My outfit Chocoloate Orange Cocktail won 3rd place in the Garment/Outfit category and Shooting Stars won its second Solitaire Award!!!

I'm completely thrilled!

Marilyn Badger won 1st (Yellow Bird), 2nd (Big Bird Blues) and 3rd (Bali Hai) in the Master category. The first two of these she made and entered in colaboration with Claudia Clark-Myers. (I just edited this with the correct quilt names - sorry for having it gotten wrong first.)

Congratulations, Marilyn and Claudia!!!

I'll hop in the shower now and then will be off to the show...

Later,

Birgit

Wow Birgit, that is pretty amazing that Marilyn and Claudia's quilts grabbed all three top rankings in the Masters category. So, I will venture to say those two have got this qulting thing Mastered to the Maximum!! :) How much higher of an achievement they can get I do not know. Congratulations, Marilyn and Claudia!

ANd congratulations to you, too Birgit! On your win with Shooting Stars! (btw I treasure my little shooting star ;)) and Chocoloate Orange Cocktail is delicous to look at with the eyes; I've seen it up close and personal. Hmmmmmmm Chocoloate Orange Cocktail ..... I must try this coctail some time,,, it sounds yummy. Cheers!

Guest Linda S

Congratulations! I know a lot of people who got the "call" to come to the awards banquet but haven't heard any news all day. Good for you Birgit. Wonderful quilting.

Cory Allender and her piecer friend - sorry, but I don't recall her name - won the Best Combination ribbon at HMQS.

I knew that I had heard her name but wanted to double-check when I saw her today...

Congratulations, Cory, this is such an incredibly beautiful quilt and you quilting is awesome!

Birgit

Archived