Camp Sonrise - classes posted

I'm so excited to have a camp in my area! Deloa, Jessica and Jamie, does life get any better!!!!! Hurry to save your spot. Here are all the details.

Camp SonRise

October 4 - 7th, 2010

8260 Route 9

Pottersville, NY 12860

Well here is what everyone has been asking for, a camp in New York. Camp Mowana in Mansfield, OH has been so much fun that I have been asked to repeat it in New York.

My camps are known for fun and learning in a relaxed, supportive atmosphere. We have chosen Camp SonRise in Pottersville, NY. This looks like the ideal place for us to repeat our camp experience.

There is a choice in lodging. The main lodge has hotel like accomadations. The rooms are double occupancy with a bathroom to each room. The lodge will sleep 20 guests. The Lakeside Lodges will sleep 10 in 5 sets of bunkbeds with a bathroom and kitchenette. (costs are different per lodge)

Class listings at:

http://deloasquiltshop.com/campsonrise2010.html

Space is limited so register now to hold your spot!

ok - i just read all the descriptions of the classes and wonder, who is the most 'beginner friendly' of the teachers? all the classes sound wonderful and i am having a hard time deciding.

ok - nevermind...i signed up and this is what i'm taking..

tues - mystical cotton tracks

wed - threadfusion

thur - deloas beginner feathers

so, did i pick right????

this is going to be what i look forward to ALL SUMMER!!! yippee!

Meg - You will love them all! Mystical cotton tracks is one of my favorites and Jamie is so patient. I've also had the threadfusion...again you can't go wrong with Jamie's classes. Deloa makes feathers look so simple! You will learn so much. You done good!

Sandra - I don't know about next year but I sure hope so. I'm sure if we have the interest they will come. Too bad you already have plans this year!

Originally posted by meg

ok - i just read all the descriptions of the classes and wonder, who is the most 'beginner friendly' of the teachers? all the classes sound wonderful and i am having a hard time deciding.

Meg,

I would say you are safe with any of them. I haven't had classes with Jessica, but I have taken classes from DeLoa and also Jamie Wallen. DeLoa and Jamie are WONDERFUL teachers and are just perfect for any level; beginner to intermediate. Does that help?

PS: Jamie is a doll; a real sweet heart.

Originally posted by meg

ok - nevermind...i signed up and this is what i'm taking..

tues - mystical cotton tracks

wed - threadfusion

thur - deloas beginner feathers

so, did i pick right????

this is going to be what i look forward to ALL SUMMER!!! yippee!

I think you did good!!

Heidi...I'm going on a trek to Machu Picchu in September for a few weeks, as long as my doctor will sign the medical release. I have a few more weeks to get this medical stuff started, so I should know for sure by mid-June if I will really be going, or not. Of course, if I can't go, then I would have the time off available and the money to pay for the classes, IF there are still openings.

Meg - Yes there will be machines set up and they are available 24 hours a day! She normally puts 2 heads on one machine. during the hands on classes you get time to stitch and then you can stitch later too. Deloa supplies all the batting, fabric and thread!!!!! Doesn't get much better than that.

Dianne - Yes Deloa will assign you a roommate if you don't want a private room. I've done that and had good roommates!

Sandra - It would be wonderful to have you come! I hope surgery goes well.

Also a note to all - Fall should be at peak for this or close too it. It will be beautiful!

Oh, Heidi...NO surgery. I will need lots of yucky innoculations - Yellow Fever, Malaria, Hepatitis, etc, plus medication for altitude sickness, since I will be going from sea level to 14,000 feet and then higher without being properly acclimated to the change. I had blood pressure issues when taking a decongestant and going to just approx. 8,000 feet in December when visiting my son in Los Alamos, so I know he will be a bit concerned.

Originally posted by hmerrill

Meg - Yes there will be machines set up and they are available 24 hours a day! She normally puts 2 heads on one machine. during the hands on classes you get time to stitch and then you can stitch later too. Deloa supplies all the batting, fabric and thread!!!!! Doesn't get much better than that.

Dianne - Yes Deloa will assign you a roommate if you don't want a private room. I've done that and had good roommates!

Sandra - It would be wonderful to have you come! I hope surgery goes well.

Also a note to all - Fall should be at peak for this or close too it. It will be beautiful!

:cool:Just realized that Pottersville is in the Adirondacks - or at least it appears to be - so fall folliage will be BREATHTAKING!:cool:

ok - here's another question or 2...cause you know i am the question queen.

can your roomie be your dh - if he doesnt take classes? (please say no - ;))

can you bring a friend to take classes even she doesnt own a longarm?

Yes you can bring anyone with you they don't have to own a longarm. Some classes will use the longarms so your friend will get to use one and other classes are lecture/demo classes.

I'm not touching the DH roommate question with a ten foot pole!!!!!

Archived