Life as an APQS owner is GOOOOD!!!

I just had to share!!! I haven't quilted on my Mille for several months due to various life situations getting in the way so when my Bestest customer called I had to dust her off and bite the bullet. I don't mind telling you I was more than a little nervous, probably worst than a newbie, becuz then I didn't know enough to be nervous!!!

So now for the Life is good part!!! I quilted a huge (85 x 115) pieced (very pieced) quilt with NO tension problems , NO thread breaking, NO glitches, loopies or anything else you can think of!!! After over 20 hours, 7 prewound Bottomline bobbins, and one thread change, every inch of that baby has quilting on it. Oh yes, mostly freehand, a little ruler work too. It sure was great when I realized that since buying my Mille, I have said goodbye to those thing for the most part. It sure feels good to be back in the groove!!!

Now back to her second version of the same quilt:) Different fabrics and some applique added to this one. Oh yes then there is the 60" sq. one that is the same only different;) !! Go to Bits n Pieces (the one in Wayne, MI) to see their BOM programs, released in Minneapolis, to see what they look like. I think I can post pics in a few days.

Dooing the happy dance!!!

Yeah Bernina!!! Yeah Bits!!! Yeah Julie!!! She is designing the most fantastic quilts these days and I love getting to quilt them!!!

My best friend from High School is Director of the Salvation Army in Syracuse. We don't see too much of each other any more since her parents funerals:( But Chritmas card etdc. keep us up to date.

Small world eh?

i bet she is creating some fine quilts...she is so bloody talented. i loved seeing her shop listed as one if the bet in the quilt magazine - i think it was better homes and gardens. the funny thing was my new favorite fabric store here in syracuse was also listed in that same magazine...VERY SMALL WORLD!

julie also gives great guide classses when you buy a machine from her. her customer service was the best i think i have ever had with any purchase i have made...and thats saying alot. i tell you - julie is one of the things i miss most about michigan....have not found a great teacher out here....but i'll keep looking.

well congratulations cause that was a beautiful quilt. you did a fantastic job on it!

you know, when i saw the magazine the first time, i picked it up - looked at the cover and said, "oh, this quilt makes me miss julie & bits and pieces." when i opened it - i let out a huge gasp - people turned around and i embarrassed myself cause i could not believe it was her in there.

i always cut out the patterns i want from magazines and discard the rest. i kept this one in tact.

I have not seen the last 2 yet but the first one you brought back was awesome. Looking forward to seeing the other two on saturday.

You guys have such nice things to say about Julie's guide classes. I hope people will say those things about my guide classes some day :)since it seams I have some big shoes to fill.

Sarah

Archived