Zippered Bags

I am a Newbie and have several orders that I will be finishing soon. Can anyone share with where I can purchase the zippered bags, with the place for your business card, that holds your quilt. I would like to use them to return customer quilts, but am having no luck finding them on the internet.

Thanks

Dana

Virginia Longarm.

I just bought 25 of them in lime green. I am embroidering "Darlington Quilts" in purple thread on the plain side, and inserting my business card in the little see-through pocket or the other side. The back of my cards is a frequent buyer card, so I want my customers to be able to remove them so I can write the cost and date on the back. I read that some people are inserting their business cards and then stitching the top closed so their cards cannot be removed. If I didn't start embroidering my name on the other side, I think I would sew the little business card pocket closed. I kind or like that idea, too.

I use these bags already and that idea sounds great but i also use the see thru pocket to show me the customers name while the bag is with me. Sooooo many teal bags in a row. I have a punch card for each customer and that card is in the pocket with there name on the back so the card is turned around while with me. My system that works for me.

Good point, Gail. I didn't think about having customer's bags "lined up." I've only had one customer so far, so my mind didn;t go that far. LOL

I guess I will have to figure out something to ID each bag if I ever have more than one here at a time.

I just slid a folded 3 X 5 card into the business card pocket, and as a quick solution, that works. I'll hve to think of something better.

Originally posted by LinneaMarie

well heck, we could get them for you and we DO ship internationally...............AFTER MQS, of course!! hahaha

Hi

Will have to take you up on that offer, after MQS of course, :)please let me know when you have some time.

Have a great time at MQS, so envious am here in UK.

:)

They are also too costly for my budget--I do 100 quilts a year and an extra $350 outlay could go a long way towards thread or classes. I say buy them if you think they will be good advertisement--but not if it's just a gift for your customer. That is profit that you cannot recoup without raising your prices.

My dear customers bring me quilts in white garbage bags, paper grocery sacks, Joann's bags, on hangers, in clear plastic zippered bags that come with bedding, and in Rubbermaid bins. They go home in a nice white craft paper bag with a handle and my card on the outside. They cost 45 cents each from Uline. Perfectly acceptable and attractive enough that they know I put a bit of thought into it and I am in business.

(I know when I purchase something at a boutique store and they lovingly wrap with tissue and put in a pretty bag--I paid for that bag--they aren't giving them away!);)

I just re-read this--don't mean to sound like a nice bag as a gift isn't a good idea--it really is. Just not for my business. If you consider the outlay as a cost of doing business, be sure to get them in a color you like! I like the visual of all the pretty bags lined up with quilts waiting to be quited!:)

Meg,

If you were looking at the small, on sale bags, I ordered them, too, but they were way too small. I would say they are about the size to store a pair of shoes in, or about 4 skeins of Red Heart yarn. They were too small for a baby quilt. I called Virginia LA and said I loved the large bags, but could think of no use for the small ones in my quilting business. The lady said to ship them back and would give me a refund, as they were not intended to be used as quilt bags. They gave me the credit very quickly. No fuss at all.

I bought 25 bags at $3.50 each, plus shipping. I forget what that cost, but it cost me $10.34 to mail the 50 little bags back.

I agree with Linda Stellar that the bags are more than I wanted to spend, however, when I weighed the cost of the bags against the benefit of advertising my new business, I went for it. Since I am just starting out, I am trying to get my name out there and have all the good adjectives used to describe my business. I know my quilting will speak for itself, but I though the bags wth my name embroidered on them would help start a conversation when my customers carry them to classes, guild meetings, etc. It will be interesting to see if that actually has any impact on getting faithful customers for my business.

hi sandra -

it's just the cheap a$$ in me that automatically goes to the least expensive choice. this drives many who are close to me absolutely CRAZY. just ask dh.

anyway - i think those nice big zipper bags are great. i am thinking of buying 25 or 50 of them just to store my unused quilts in - no kidding.

i dont think you'll regret that investment one bit. talk is not cheap when it comes to your reputation. and i think those bags will make for great talk. i would have been impressed if one of my former longarmers had sent me a quilt back in a nice bag like that!

Archived