100 Jewel Tone Siggy Swap

Several of you have emailed asking about the 100 Jewel Tone Siggy Swap, so here it is.

I am trying to collect 100+ people to swap signature blocks. The directions and information for making the 4 1/2" blocks can be found on www.quarterinchseam.com. There is plenty of room for you and your quilting friends.

Happy quilting-

piecrust

Got two more states over the weekend. :P

Still missing a few, but trying hard to have someone from each state.

Thanks for all the blog postings-I really appreciate it.

piecrust, aka Vickie

www.quarterinchseam.com

BTW if someone wants to participate, but with a lesser amount than 100, I've got several who are doing 25 or 50. (You'll receive back the number you send in.)

The siggy swap is due the end of July, but several have requested I move it into August so they can work on the blocks once the children get back in school. Also, If you want to swap less than 100, like 25 or 50, you can do that also.

Missing a lot of states. (Sorry, I didn't bring the list with me to work.) Will post an update later.

piecrust, aka Vickie

www.quarterinchseam.com

• 2 weeks later...

Doodlebug-

Received the squishy with your blocks. So-o-o cute. :D Thanks. Hope things are going well with your new adventure.

Plenty of room for anyone else to join in and lots of time left. Never thought finding 100 people would be so difficult. Details on my web site.

Later-

Piecrust aka Vickie

www.quarterinchseam.com

Count is at 39.:( Quite disappointing, but I'm hitting up a few guilds looking for others to participate. I will do a demo at my quilt guild next Monday night on how to make the blocks. Hopefully a few more will join in. Funny thing, I have more from the state of Washington than I do from my home state of Georgia. Go figure?

Looking forward to seeing blocks that are "you."Can't image what fabric you will choose, but I'm sure it will be exciting.

Piecrust

I hope you are right. I'd hate to disapoint those who have already signed up looking for 100 blocks to show up in their mailbox.

Finished up my Sister's Choice Blocks today. Awesome! Doodlebug, look for a squishy to show up next week.

piecrust aka Vickie

www.quarterinchseam.com

Hey Vickie!

after going back and forth (thanks BTW for answering all my questions/ e-mails) I did order my jewel tone fabric today (I already have alot of white kona cotton (been using it for my GFG quilt) so I guess I am in as well just haven't decided if it will be 50 or 100 blocks. I will know more about that when I finish the blocks for Shannon's swap.

Something to consider....

For those of you who can't do 100, how about doing 50? The number of siggy blocks you send in, is the number of blocks I will send back. I finished cutting and sewing 100 in a weekend. (Having a full time job sure cuts into my quilting time, but thankful to have it.) Signing my name, location and year took more time than making them.

Note to Joann: The 15" size of Doodlebug's swap block looked quite large when I finished them. I wasn't expecting that. Awesome!

Piecrust aka Vickie

wwww.quarterinchseam.com

Archived