Who won MQS? Please share!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Category: Art/Pictorial Sponsor: Nolting Manu.

1st place: #184, GUARDIAN OF THE LOST GARDEN, by Ann Horton, Redwood Valley, CA

2nd place: # 203, ALPHABET ALCHEMY, by Janet Stone, Overland Park KS

3rd place: #190, GIESHA AND THE SERVING GIRL, by Marilyn Badger and Claudia Myers (piecer), St. George, UT

Teachers Award: #191, SEASONS OF THE MOON by, Deborah Levy, Punta Gorda FL

Teachers Award: # 206, LOVELY, LEONARDO, LOVELY, by, Dawn Cavanaugh, Jim Langland (peicer) Ankeny, IA

Most of the quilts as usual were tremendous and inspiring to me as a quilter. I've been in the judging room at MQS not this year but in the past. The judges look at every aspect of the quilt not just the quilting and like all of us each judge has preferences in what they like about each quilt.

And yes the judges recognize styles of some of the quilters as many of the frequent winners have unique styles just like we can say identify say a Janet Fogg, a Linda Taylor, a Irena Bluhm etc.

This year some of the more traditional quilts won. The best of show was impecably peiced and quilted -- not an art quilt but beautifully done.

Congratulations to everyone who won and to everyone who entered. Someday I hope to be brave enough to put one of mine in -- it takes a bit of courage and confidence to just enter!!!

Congratulations to all the award winners and to all those that entered. So many fantastic quilts were entered.

Wish we could all win but that is just not the case. The judges look at so many aspects of the quilts to be able to choose the best. Winning with grace, and except the lose with the grace keeps us from stepping on our own toes.

I saw so much from watching an 8 year old contestant this past week. WOW didn't win but already has his next 2 quilts ready to start for next year.

Archived