keeps on stitching -Update

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone at APQS and Linzi are trying to get this sorted. I have just been unlucky.

Never mind, I have got plenty of quilts that I am hand/machine piecing on the go to keep me out of mischief.

Don't ask how many, ignorance is bliss but I am the Princess of Unfinished Projects, I am sure the Queen title belongs to someone else!

Everyone at APQS and Linzi are trying to get this sorted. I have just been unlucky.

Never mind, I have got plenty of quilts that I am hand/machine piecing on the go to keep me out of mischief.

Don't ask how many, ignorance is bliss but I am the Princess of Unfinished Projects, I am sure the Queen title belongs to someone else!

Tracy

I feel your pain! I had this problem occur a couple of weeks after I got my machine back from its 'Spa' trip to Iowa in March. After we checked everything Amy sent me new circuit boards & a new optical sensor. It took me a few days to pluck up the courage to work on the innards & I was so proud of myself for being able to change the circuit boards and the sensor but my Milli still wouldn't work. It was, of course, too late in the day to get hold of Amy or Kristy(sp) again & I was deeply depressed. Next morning I went back into my studio & went back over everything I had done. I had had to change the optical sensor at the same time and it has five wires that go into the rear facing end of the complex green plug with about 30 alphabet screws. Does the Lenni have the same arrangement? Anyway, the black wire from the optical sensor went into it's alpha screw together with 2 other black wires. Everything felt tight & secure but I undid & re-inserted those 3 wires - & HEY PRESTO! it worked.

My point is that everything looked & felt OK when I checked it with Amy on the other end of the phone (she had me tug gently on each of the alphabet wires/screws) but those 3 wires were still not making a proper connection. As soon as they were, problem solved.

I noticed that someone else had had a similar problem in the last week or so after their Millenium came back from its 'Spa' trip to Iowa. It seems that the wires may have come loose in shipping. I certainly know they can be loose, or at least, not making a connection even when they seem to be OK.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that perhaps all of these wire connections need checking, particulary those with more than 1 wire to each screw.

Amy, if you're reading this please chip in!

Good luck Tracy, I hope you are happily quilting again very soon.

Tracy

I feel your pain! I had this problem occur a couple of weeks after I got my machine back from its 'Spa' trip to Iowa in March. After we checked everything Amy sent me new circuit boards & a new optical sensor. It took me a few days to pluck up the courage to work on the innards & I was so proud of myself for being able to change the circuit boards and the sensor but my Milli still wouldn't work. It was, of course, too late in the day to get hold of Amy or Kristy(sp) again & I was deeply depressed. Next morning I went back into my studio & went back over everything I had done. I had had to change the optical sensor at the same time and it has five wires that go into the rear facing end of the complex green plug with about 30 alphabet screws. Does the Lenni have the same arrangement? Anyway, the black wire from the optical sensor went into it's alpha screw together with 2 other black wires. Everything felt tight & secure but I undid & re-inserted those 3 wires - & HEY PRESTO! it worked.

My point is that everything looked & felt OK when I checked it with Amy on the other end of the phone (she had me tug gently on each of the alphabet wires/screws) but those 3 wires were still not making a proper connection. As soon as they were, problem solved.

I noticed that someone else had had a similar problem in the last week or so after their Millenium came back from its 'Spa' trip to Iowa. It seems that the wires may have come loose in shipping. I certainly know they can be loose, or at least, not making a connection even when they seem to be OK.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that perhaps all of these wire connections need checking, particulary those with more than 1 wire to each screw.

Amy, if you're reading this please chip in!

Good luck Tracy, I hope you are happily quilting again very soon.

thanks Anne for the words of encouragement fortunately for me My other half is an electrical engineer so he is quite used to changing circuit board and checking wiring. This has us all totally baffled, but I am sure with the help of everyone this machine isn't going to have an attitude problem for much longer:D

thanks Anne for the words of encouragement fortunately for me My other half is an electrical engineer so he is quite used to changing circuit board and checking wiring. This has us all totally baffled, but I am sure with the help of everyone this machine isn't going to have an attitude problem for much longer:D

Neither had I but lift up the top, rear cover on your Milli. In front of the motor is a flat metal disc which is attached to the motor shaft(?) It spins anyway. To one side is a small black contraption, mounted, I think, on the front end of the motor. The optical sensor has a square U-shaped aperture and the metal disc sits inside this but not touching it. The insides of the U-shape are the optical sensor & it operates in conjunction with the light passing through the holes on the metal disc to control stitch speed. It also has 5 wires which feed into the complex green alpha plug behind the circuit boards. I still don't know how I got my fingers in there to change all those wires!

I never cease to be amazed at what I'm learning now I'm a Milli owner!

Neither had I but lift up the top, rear cover on your Milli. In front of the motor is a flat metal disc which is attached to the motor shaft(?) It spins anyway. To one side is a small black contraption, mounted, I think, on the front end of the motor. The optical sensor has a square U-shaped aperture and the metal disc sits inside this but not touching it. The insides of the U-shape are the optical sensor & it operates in conjunction with the light passing through the holes on the metal disc to control stitch speed. It also has 5 wires which feed into the complex green alpha plug behind the circuit boards. I still don't know how I got my fingers in there to change all those wires!

I never cease to be amazed at what I'm learning now I'm a Milli owner!

I went to a convent school. The only thing they taught that was in any way related to engineering was domestic 'engineering' & my victoria sponges always fell! :(

I've learned more mechanical skills in the 5 years since I've owned my Milli than I could ever have imagined I would want to learn, and it's been painless (mostly)!

I went to a convent school. The only thing they taught that was in any way related to engineering was domestic 'engineering' & my victoria sponges always fell! :(

I've learned more mechanical skills in the 5 years since I've owned my Milli than I could ever have imagined I would want to learn, and it's been painless (mostly)!

My Liberty has been back from it's spa treatment for just little over a week now and all of a sudden it too is having trouble, high/max speed is the only thing it does as soon as I turn my machine on. It had new circuit boards put on at the factory and a new optical sensor too...I wonder if my problem is the same as the rest of you guys? I hope it's as easy as a loose wire (was working fine all week, then it just went crazy!). The bad thing is My DH does all of this electrical stuff/ fixes on my machine and he works during the day when APQS' service dept is open, how am I suppose to get this thing fixed when the 2 parties (DH and APQS) are on different schedules?

My Liberty has been back from it's spa treatment for just little over a week now and all of a sudden it too is having trouble, high/max speed is the only thing it does as soon as I turn my machine on. It had new circuit boards put on at the factory and a new optical sensor too...I wonder if my problem is the same as the rest of you guys? I hope it's as easy as a loose wire (was working fine all week, then it just went crazy!). The bad thing is My DH does all of this electrical stuff/ fixes on my machine and he works during the day when APQS' service dept is open, how am I suppose to get this thing fixed when the 2 parties (DH and APQS) are on different schedules?

Archived