Lenni / Quiltazoid Combination

I have a question for all of you Lenni owners that also have a Quiltazoid...........I have the 10 foot table with my Lenni. I am wondering if any of you also have this table and if the QZ works ok for you? Do you find when you are using it on larger quilts that you don't have enough room or aren't able to move it to one side enough to be able to quilt with it in the outer borders or blocks? If that happens, what do you do? I don't have the option to get a larger table because I don't have enough room for anything bigger.

I just received the DVD in the mail on Saturday and have started watching it. The other thing I'm wondering is, do you find it to be kind of a hassle to set it up each time you are going to use it or is it pretty quick and easy to set up, once you do it a couple times?

Thanks everyone! :) I really appreciate any feedback you can give me!

I just ordered my quiltazoid (actually econozoid) at MQS it looks amazing so I do not have hands on experience at this point mut I did play with it quite a bit at the show and fell head over heals in love.

Adam did say you will loose 18" of quilting lenght on your table on the left side.Here are a few suggestions:

1) You can always quilt the sections and pin the unquilted sections (or baste) and turn the quilt

2) mount the top off center to the right if it will just be tight

3)use the temporary clips that you can buy to attach a quilt to the rollers to reposition the quilt (once stabilized) further to the right to finish the area you can't get to.

Obviously when using the quiltazoid you will be doing custom work and charging a higher price and that will have to come in to play for situations like this.

Some peolpe charge more for turning a quilt but that is for high end custom usually and allowing the feathers (or other border design to flow around the top) if your table is just too small I don't think you could justify the extra charge just for repositioning. But using the clips would not take very much of your time at all.

You will love it!!!;)

Lisa:)

Hi Marilyn

I have the QZ on my Lenni. I have to be honest I have only used my QZ on small quilts up to now. I have thought about what I would do if I wanted to make a larger quilt using my QZ. One thing I would do is load my quilt off centre.

I will have to get a larger top made up to see what size we can manage on the 10ft table.

As for setting up the QZ, that only takes a few minutes, and is very easy to do. One of the hardest things about the QZ is remembering to tighten everything down before you start to quilt.

I love it , and it helps me look better than I am. Adam and Linda also keep coming out with fantastic new templates.

You would not be disapointed if you choose to buy the Quiltazoid.

Hi Kath :D,

I was hoping you would respond because I was thinking that you bought the 10 ft. table too so you would be able to relate to my questions. I'm not ready yet to buy one, but I'm starting to look at it more seriously. I have taken several quilts off and turned them to do the borders so I'm not nervous or uncomfortable about doing that, I just wasn't sure how much space it takes up (I haven't had time to watch the whole DVD yet) but I knew that some of you gals would have the answers for me! If you have any other tips or observations from using yours, I would love to hear them!

Thanks! :cool:

Archived