I just learned a valuable lesson

I am just sick to my stomach right now! I just finished up a huge custom quilt that I am (was) quite proud of. I was unloading it and it fell on the floor as it was quite heavy. I made sure I vacummed and wiped my rails before unloading so I wouldn't get anything on the quilt. Well....... for those of you that have saddle stools or any kind of hydraulic chair, make sure you move it way out of the way. Mine happened to be under the rollers, right where the quilt landed. You guessed it.... black grease on the quilt.

I know there are posts out there that tell how to get it out, but right now I am in a PANIC. HELP.

Patty

Guest Linda S

I don't know if your LQS will have this or not, but there is a product called "Grandma's Secret Spot Remover" out there. Comes in a little bottle. You squeeze the stuff directly on the to stain, let it sit for a few minutes, then wash. I have yet to meet the stain it will not remove. Absolutely fantastic stuff.

Linda

Thank you all for your replys. Unfortunately I didn't have any of the products mentioned on hand, but most of it came out.

THe customer was extremely understanding, Thank God! I delivered the quilt today at a guild sit n sew and she said it wasn't even that noticeable. It happened to be on a piece (white, of course) that was appliqued, so if she chooses, she can remove and redo. Whew.... I thought my LA career was over.

I will have to get some of these products to keep on hand, not that I am going to ever let my stool get near another quilt. :P

Thanks again,

Patty

I knew that this site was valuable the first time that I came here. Not only do you get encouraged when your down, inspired by what others are doing, but you learn from others mistakes as well. Patty, I know that your experience will help others (like me) who do have a hydrolic stool under her machine as I write this. I am going to go into my studio right now and move it. Thank you for your post, it will save me some more gray hair to try and cover up!!

Archived