My new Lenni

Jennifer Muth and Matt Sparrow were absolutely WONDERFUL when they came to set up my Lenni at 5:45 pm in Calgary on May 18, 2010. They came through rush hour traffic to get the machine which had been delayed at Customs. They were so patient and such hard workers who made sure that the table was set to my height and level and the machine was stitching well. Then Matt had to drive 3 hours home to Edmonton. I am SUPER IMPRESSED with APQS customer service and will certainly spread the news to all my fellow quilt guild members about my new Lenni and the great APQS organization.

I tried out some free motion leaves and a pantograph on a practice length of muslin now I have loaded a real quilt. I'm going to be a little nervous but nothing ventured... nothing gained.

Wish me luck!!!

Thanks for all the great information that has been posted so far. I have learned a lot even though I have still a great deal to learn. I'm so excited!!!

Charmaine

Yahoo!!!! I finished my quilting and I am pleased with the results for a first effort. Now I will have to put the binding on and if I can figure out how, I may post a photo of my first APQS quilt.

Today, I also picked up a quilt top and a flannel back for an organization called Victoria's Quilts. There is a Calgary chapter of this charity group that provides quilts for patients with cancer. Does anyone have any suggestions for thread for a quilt with a cotton pieced top and a cotton flannel backing?

Charmaine

congratulations and welcome to the forum and the APQS forum. my Little Miss Lenni will have her second birthday in August and we are great friends. She loves home in her new studio too. She wants to play but Mom is still busy orgainizing it all.

Archived