Bliss and Circle Lord

Kari

I saw a few notes that indicated their may need to be some modifications to the Circle Lord if Bliss was added to a machine.

Michael -- any insight on compatibility.

I'm not sure if I want or need Bliss at this time -- but I definitely don't want to give up my Circle Lord.

I saw and used Bliss at MQS and it appears the new carriage sits high enough so that the Circle Lord will move over the giant templates without any problems. If you have the front system then using the Circle Lord as it is won't be a problem if you get Bliss. Michael can answer better than I, but I don't believe that once you have the front system you need to put the CL on the back for any reason (unless you want to do so) and all of the design templates will work from the front. However, I also believe Michael is working on a modification for the CL so that it can be used from the back on the table with Bliss, if that is what you choose to do.

I love my Circle Lord and wouldn't give it up, either! Kari, if you don't have the front system, you have to know that it is wonderful! It is so much easier to get absolutely precise placement of the design, exactly where you want it, without having to go from the back to the front to the back of the machine. Granted, that's one way to get exercise, but now that I have the front system I've not used my CL from the back, and I have to find another way to get some exercise. :)

I agree with Carmen. I don't have a problem working from the back of the machine because I am tall enough to work from the back and reach over the table/rollers, however, now that I have the front system, I don't have a reason to use the CL from the back. The templates should work well with the Bliss system. And since the Bliss system has the tube-like rails that is runs on, it should make it easier to hold the long templates in place.

My challenge in working from the front is that the top bars on my Millennium are slightly too far apart. (I think in the earlier years there was less attention to some of the specs when these machines were built.) It is a very!!! tight sqeeze to fit the Circle Lord on it. I can do so as long as I am not at the left end. Because of that, I can't slide the device along the bars, but have to remove and push down for each move. So there are a few of the templates where I still work from the back. To fix that situation, I wold need to have new holes added to the T-bars on both side (which mounts the back bar) or a different collar for the bar, that allows to mount slightly farther forward. Frankly both of these are beyond my skill set to make happen -- and I worry about the integrity of the table if I do a significant modification such as this. Option 3 would be requesting (and paying for) a new Circle Lord that has a longer space.

I do agree with both of you that working from the front is great for most of the designs. Even with the tight squeeze I find myself using the tempates more as it is very easy to make sure the design is centered and fits before stitching the design (and I can quickly see and fix if I have a problem before stitching down the whole design.)

Kari,

Carmen and Marybeth are correct. The Bliss system keeps the

position of the rollers and the laser light wand the same, so the

CL Stylus fits on the back without problem. The bonus is that

the machine does not have to be raised.

As Marybeth said, the Bliss table edges now give you something

to help place the Giant template.

Kari, I am sending you and extension plate to lengthen the crossbar. This problem is found with the tables made before

2002, or so, with square tubing.

Originally posted by Kari

Option 3 would be requesting (and paying for) a new Circle Lord that has a longer space.

Originally posted by circlelord

Kari, I am sending you and extension plate to lengthen the crossbar. This problem is found with the tables made before

2002, or so, with square tubing.

Michael to the rescue, problem addressed and fixed, and at no charge. Now this is customer service! :) WOW! This is a great product and service, and Michael and Kay are a couple of the nicest people.

Wow!!!

Thank you Michael.

I've worked w/ Michael on a number of questions over the years and agree that his customer service is top notch. And his enhancements keep me coming back for more.

Kari

Archived