Sulky Rayon Thread and metallic - Soliciting your experience in the longarm

I have searched for "sulky" but only get bits of information and usually it is just used in passing. Would appreciate any info you have about using it on a quilt. I'm playing with the idea of thread painting.

First I'm going to practice with water soluble thread in the bobbin so I can wash it all out. And won't I be sad if it turns out wonderful right off the bat and I have to wash it out? That is probably a fantasy!

I really wouldn't recommend the rayon thread. Not only did I find it weak, just my experience, but with just a couple washings the color can be gone, mostly in the blues and aqua to peacock lines.

Sulky has a Poly thread that works great for either embroidery or quilting.. I actually prefer Mettler Poly sheen, after many years of using Sulky.

RitaR

I'm with the others. Rayon is not colorfast and will fade with time and water. Sulky thread is ok but prefer others, i.e. Isacore, Floriani, Glide, Aurafill, Superior. Sue Patten mentioned YLI and another company overseas that makes colors for her in her classes. She actually mentions all the companies during her classes, because she loves thread. Floriani and Glide are my favs for embroidery and colors.

Archived