Face up! How many machines do you have?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'll bite ;)

201 Featherweight (which I had to get since I inherited the table for one when my MIL passed away) born 1937, the same year as my mom

Singer 201

Singer 15-91

Singer 127 or 128

Another old Singer, grey, which I don't have the model # written down

White rotary fr230288

Bartlett electric

Singer 403A

Elna supermatic

Singer Sphynx Treadle 109 yrs old coffin top - needs a few parts to be functional

White treadle, which I have used

Singer Treadle coffin top - can't remember the born date, circa 1900 - needs belt to be functional

Janome 6500

Janome Gem Gold

Brother ULT 2002D

(I had another Singer treadle - coffin top- gave it to my nephew who collects antiques)

Except for my Janomes and Brother, all were rescued from auctions. I'm still in search for a hand crank machine. Ü

Not all my machines are on display. I keep thinking of letting them go, but I don't have the heart to. Seems like there may be another Singer or two, but I don't have pics of them on my webshots so I'm not sure.

What a lovely thread! We are all alike: Sewing machine freeks.

I only have a limited collection:

1925 Pfaff 11 treadle

1938 Pfaff 11 handshank

1954 Singer featherweight 222k

Bernina 700 serger

Pfaff 2034 (my every day machine)

APQS Millenium (my other every day machine)

High on my wishlist: Bernina 820 (need to win a lotery first) or 840 QE (more within reach)

OK, my list is long....

13 Black Featherweights

2 Freearm Featherweights

3 White Featherweights

1 Designer Diamond

1 Viking # 1 +

1 Bernina 1630

1 Singer Treadle Modle 66-1 Redeye

1 Casige Model 1015 (toy)

1 Frister and Rossman Handcrank

2 Wilcox and Gibbs European Handcranks

1 Wilcox and Gibss head only

1 Singer Model 24 -80 portable electric

1 General Electric Portable (prior to featherweights)

1 Singer 301

1 Singer 319 W -portable electric

1 Singer Model 27 - Treadle

1 Singer Model 27-4 Treadle

1 Singer NF Model 12 Treadle

1 Singer Model 12 Handcrank

1 Singer Model 13 Treadle

1 Howe Treadle

1 Pfaff Treadle - dealership replica of 1872 Pfaff Treadle

1 Folson handcrank

1 Wheeler and WIlson # 4 Treadle

1 Wheeler and WIlson # 8 Handcrank

1 Wheeler and WIlson # 8 Treadle

1 Nahmaschine Fahrrad handcrank

1 German Grover and Banker Handcrank

1 Wanzer Handcrank

1 WHeeler and WIlson # 9 Handcrank

1 Singer Model 28K

1 German Singer Clone Handcrank

1 Florence Treadle

1 Jones Family CS Handcrank

1 Jones pawfoot Handcrank

1 Jones Medium Treadle (Fiddlebase)

1 New England Type Handcrank

1 Mueller 12

1 Mueller 15

1 New home Midget

2 Bell Toy Sewing Machines with case

1 Singer Mini SM Model K-20 reproduction toy

1 Singer Model 20

1 Singer SewHandy no 20

1 Betsy Ross TOy Sewing Machine

1 Gem Toy Sewing Machine

a dozen or more featherweight tables, couple 301/401 tables

and many more machines not listed - close to 100.

Yes, I have a lot of machines with most being antique. Have always loved sewing machines and the fun thing is that most of these actually sew. I have made quilts using the treadles - too much fun!

Happy Sewing! Mercedes

Hi,

Some of the Handcranks are in my longarm sewing machine room sitting on the top of the cabinets 10 fit nicely there. Toy and small sewing machines are in my dining room on three shelves - this has small sewing machines and miniature quilts my mother made for me. Some are in my sewing room in the bedroom with my Designer Diamond.

A couple treadles are in my living room and entry way. Closets are full of sewing machines (featherweights) and more featherweights behind my couch in the living room. And then there's a bunch of treadles in my 2 car detached garage.

I wish I had a place where I could display them all and then I'd be able to sew on them when I want to. I have a hard time passing up the unusual machines.

I need to thin these out but just haven't had the time. Is there an AAA group for people like me who are addicted to sewing machines? Mercedes

When I read this my reaction is whow, what are you doing with all those machines.

Do you have a museum or so ;)

I have

Pfaff 2058

Pfaff Vision with embroidery unit

Pfaff Grand quilter

Pfaff Coverlock 4.0

Millenium 2009

OMG! This is hysterical!

1 Viking Designer SE

1 Viking Emma (non computerized machine)

1 Viking 936 Serger

3 Feeatherweights (1950, 1953 and 1964 (recent eBay purchase))

1 Singer 15-90 (my grandmother's machine)

1 2005 Millie

And I thought I had a lot of machines. I am a rookie in comparison!

mercedes -

i think you will have to be the founder of SMA (sewing machines anonymous.) i think you should go for it - cause this thread definately shows a need! or maybe, just maybe, you can get bravo tv to send the cast of intervention out to get you started!

i have loved this thread - it is hysterical!!! and eye opening for me.

This thread is way too much fun.

Baby Cakes-Ulti II

Pfaff Freestyle

2-older Pfaffs

2-old Singers that have been abused-rescued-couldn't let them go to trash pile(not working)

1-Kenmore-rescued from trash on sidewalk!!!

6-Treadle-one being my Grandmother's which holds a special place in my home

3-Singers in cabinets

1-Featherweight-white

1-Singer Crank-latest find (was too excited)

2-Singers with wood coffin tops

2-1950's portable machines(singer,Kenmore)

2-Wilson & Gibbs

2-Toys Singers

4-Singers without the cases(three sew beautifully)

Babylock Ellure

Babylock Imagine Serger

Janome Embroidery only

Juki Industrial

I think this is all. Most are in my sewing room, some in my home, and some in my Mom's house who lives behind my home!!!! I love all sewing machines, still looking and want a featherweight table also! LOL

Wow, great question about whether machines are insured or not. Never really thought about it. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who just can't resist purchasing machines. Almost all of my featherweights were purchased at garage sales and most of the featherweight tables too.

Actually, if any of you are looking for fw tables, check out the tables that people put their items on at garage sales - you'll be able to recognize the FW tables by their legs. Then just ask if they want to sell that old table and most of the time the answer is "yes" and they are usually dirt cheap. Also, check out the tables at special sales at drive in theaters and antique sales. You'd be surprised how many people have these tables and don't know what they are. People just use them to put their items for sale on.

It's the rarer machines that make your heart jump when you see them. I have a little toy machine that is so unusual, I just couldn't believe I found it. This one was at an antique sale but the person selling didn't even know it was a sewing machine. Too funny!

SMA - hmmmm, maybe we could have meetings and share all our wonderful machines! What fun. Even more fun, we could clean them all up, oil them and get them up and running. You'd be surprised how much fun it is to sew with a handcrank or treadle.

I'm wondering what other sewing stuff people have - like I have a really old dress stand with the wire on the bottom and a wonderful round needle holder that is just full of cases of old needles - you spin the wheel on it and it opens on the needle cases you want to use. Most of these needles go with my treadles. Oh, and don't forget all the old sewing tools and oh my, the patterns from old newspapers for making quilts and the old sewing machine manuals and attachments and oh my here I go.

What other sewing items do you all have! Mercedes

The slot pops out. There are different types of tables also. Some tables with slots fit the 301 or 401 Singer machines - these are hard to find also. These tables are usually a lighter color then the FW tables.

If you're lucky enough to find the FW table and an extension to the table - then you made a big find! These are very hard to find and have only two legs - the other side of the table hooks onto the FW table. So if you see a table with only 2 legs along with the FW table - grab it!

Mercedes

After 5 months without any sewing machine my Bernina 440 arrived....how exciting was that...and most days I am able to learn more about putting her through her paces. It is amazing what they can do.

I can't imagine the excitement levels when my Millie arrives. It was due to be delivered January 2010, but it went to someone ...who I am sure would be loving it as I would have....else's home and my delivery date had to be postponed to - at least - November....fingers crossed.

So nice to be in good company. Let's see if I can recall most of them.

I am the original owner of the 1975 Singer (a wedding gift), the Singer 20U, Viking/husq 1100 and serger, and the APQS long arms.

Oh, and I lust after a Bernina 440QE

Singer 12 treadle

Singer 12 Handcrank

Singer 127 treadle

Singer 128 HC

Singer 66 treadle

1975 Singer model unknown at the moment

Singer 20U

Singer 201

1957 Singer 221

Two singer301 in cabinets

Two Singer 301 long bed

3-4 Singer 301 short beds

Three 1870's Domestic treadles

Wheeler & Wilson #9

Standard Treadle

Franklin treadle

Minnesota A treadle

Viking1100

Viking serger

APQS Liberty

APQS Millennium

I am sure I am forgetting a few, fortunately DH shares my passion for old machines. Like Mercedes most of them sew, several I sew on frequently. My favorite for piecing has to be the Singer 301 or one of the Domestic Treadles.

This has been fun!

WOW - to think I have felt guilty/spoiled for having 2 LA's and 3 DSM's. 2 homes have given reason for what I have - otherwise would be 1 LA & 2 DSM's - will never feel guilty again.

anyway:

1 Millie

1 Innova

2 Husq Diamond

1 Brother - just a basic little machine - don't remember the model - got it on sale to take to classes.

Archived