Sign in to follow this  
SandraG

NQR- Louisiana's New Symbol

How sad. We have lots of them around here and I love to watch them glide along the crests of the waves. I hope that this one and all of the others that are oiled will survive. What a huge job for all the rescue volunteers.

Sue

24D32CBE5BBA870354340E86069CB492.png

sandra -

i saw these poor animals on the news today and it made me sick. how awful what we have done to that beautiful area and all the wonderful wildlife there. i am praying for a solution to this HUGE mess.

Meg

"Do small things with great love." Mother Teresa

"Life's too short to fuss with thread." Meg Fazio

http://theonewiththreadsonherclothes.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/megfazio

Every night I watch the latest in the Gulf and am so saddened by it all. It is a travesty. They have no control of that well at all, it is spewing out all over, can't be stopped or slowed. So much will die andso much will be lost forever.

I hope and pray for the suffering.

Lisa

93D3401EDCAC006390BBEF1ABE1F4C5D.png

APQS Liberty

Circle Lord

North West New Jersey

The brown pelican just came off the endangered species list. I am sure it will be back on the list soon. My husband has a degree in wildlife management. He can barely stand to look at the pictures.

Sandra

Sandra Guilbeau, M. Ed.

Denham Springs, Louisiana

APQS -- Sales.Service.Education

Certified Superior Threads Educator

225-715-5524 cell

Guest Linda S

This is so very sad. I am so angry with BP. Their stupid CEO has made some really cavalier comments about this whole disaster. Can't they just start dumping cement on that darn well and seal it up? This has gone way too far and everything they try doesn't work.

Not funny. I have cried as I have seen thesse beautiful animals suffer. Not fair. Our gulf coast has just had enough. Our states have had enough.

Just Sew Simple Sylvia Blissett APQS Freedom '09 "Stitch" Circle Lord 2010 “"Until one has loved an animal, Part of their soul remains unawakened.”

I feel so bad for everyone down in that area. It's too bad BP doesn't hire all those fishermen and people that they put out of work to help clean it up. I can't stand to see those pics of all the animals. Very sad . . .

Carreen

Carreen Lindebak

Auburn. Wa

quilting with my Green Millenium and Quiltazoid (Violet and Viola)

I am getting really worried about a hurricane. The economy in the gulf states is really going to take a beating. There will be a chain reaction from this affecting the fishermen, the vendors, the merchants, the food stores, the tourism, the eateries and so on --

Sandra

Sandra Guilbeau, M. Ed.

Denham Springs, Louisiana

APQS -- Sales.Service.Education

Certified Superior Threads Educator

225-715-5524 cell

I too saw this on the news tonight and it just broke my heart! I'm sure there will be many more horrible pictures like this. I just can't believe that it is taking so long to stop that leak! We can send rockets into outer space you would think that we could top a top on a pipe! I'm so sorry you are having this happen to your beautiful state.

When I was in high school in Corpus Christi TX...I was part of the Environmental Action Committee...and can remember being trained how to help clean turtles and the egrets and cranes. So very sad. This will eventually effect us all. If can take months to drill across the old pipeline and pump enough drill mud down it to plug the problem.

Kristina at website http://withakquilting.blogspot.com/ and personal blog http://froggybottomquilting.blogspot.com/

Hoppily quilting along with FROGGER - my Green Millennium, and TOAD - my Liberty. Quiltazoid equipped too!

What amazes me is that they didn't have an emergency plan for any eventuality, and solutions that work..

Hay on the water collects the crude oil, and could be used like a screen or boom, to gather it up just before it hits the shore if not before, and hauled away.. of course BP has no idea where that would be either. Tall grass, straw, many things work the same, float even when wet or coated with oil, and a LOT cheaper than the Damage BP is causing to so many lives, human, birds, animals.. fish, crustacians etc.

Gotta get me off this soap box..

RitaR

Florida is soon going to be adding this as their new state bird also. The oil is only 3 miles off our coastline as I write this. I can't begin to say how people are feeling around here. Sylvia, darlin...you are so right. The people in the gulf area, from Louisiana to Mississippi, Alabama and Florida have been devastated over and over. Now they are predicting 14 hurricanes for this season with 5-8 major ones. Seems like the gulf people just keep getting kicked when they are down. I never realized how bad it was until I moved here. Completely demoralizing now, with this latest catastrophe. And boy, are people angry. I went out tonight and the main topic of conversation was the oil spill and how it has already destroyed the finances of our local fisheries, hotels are desperate, restaurants are struggling, stores, construction, all industries are affected by this. Just completely sad.

0EC3AB6F88845435631BA7342C5DF11D.png

It's a Lucey for me.

I think the oil spill in the Gulf is the outward picture of the greed and corruption that occurs in our country and our government everyday, very hour, every minute. We (as in the tax payers) paid our taxes in good faith to a government who is suppose the use that money to provide protection and regulation from corporations and individuals who would harm us and our country for personal or monetary gain.

I think the spill is a big, ugly, smelly horrific monument to the greed of the individuals who failed us. The only difference between this spill and the daily criminal corruption that goes on in this country is that the spill is too big to hide from the American public.

And as usual justice will be slow and inadequate, because the foxes are in the hen house (the crooks are in the white house). The oil companies have more money than God and they know how to use it.

The consequences will be suffered by the innocent people, who can least afford it, and the life on our planet that is powerless to protect itself against it. As for the wealthy oil execs and government officials, they will walk away singing the same old song "go on take the money and run". And there is not a damn thing anybody can do about it.

*wheeew* glad I got that off my chest.

AA76A44A7CC0D6CC64369D0A58EB1B29.png

Fox Hill Quiltworks LLC

http://foxhillquiltworks.blogspot.com

05' Millie Hand Guided

Circle Lord Equipped

Sandra how is the smell around there from the Oil?

The oil hasn't hit shore here in Gulfshore yet but the smell of oil is so strong on some days I don't even want to go outside. It is so sad.

I feel so sorry for the wildlife and everyone that will be effected by this for years to come.

Carol

Just makes me cry to see that photo and even think of the oil spill. Prayers to you all on the front line. Some times I think the world has gone crazy!

2EC2AA7574F475301B3018AECBD11B21.png

Proud Owner of 2009 Millie

Bliss & Quiltazoid Friendly

We cannot change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust our sails.....

Sosad and seems to just getting worse! Why cannot BP stop this oil? They should have had a solution in hand before the rupture!

Judi Burr Customworks by Judi judib@gvtc.com  FRIENDS ARE ANGELS WHO LIFT US TO OUR FEET WHEN OUR WINGS HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING HOW TO FLY Author Unknown