Circle Lord Question

Janet Poulin

I'm very interested in the Circle Lord and having been doing my homework. I tried calling Michael today but got the answering machine. Anyway, if I purchase the Circle Lord Basic, how many designs can I make with that? Are the Aztec and the Ginko the only templates that can make multiple designs?

I appreciate any insight.

Thanks

Janet

Hi, Janet. The basic Circle Lord will make circles and arcs in a multitude of sizes. That would be many, many, sizes! From the circles you could make Baptist fans, or intersect the circles to create an unlimited number of additional designs. It is a great quilting tool by itself. You can stitch the designs in the body of the quilt and/or make different designs in the borders. Then, by adding any of the Stepping Templates your capabilities are compounded. Yes, the Ginko and Aztec make multiple designs, as do all of the other Stepping templates. Each of the Feather wreath templates, for example, can be used to make several sizes of wreaths, as well as some of the wreath sizes can be made in mirror image. Each of the Stepping templates have design elements that can also be made in several sizes.

The Spiro Thingy is also a wonderful addition to the Circle Lord. It, too, has many designs that can be made in a variety of sizes. If you take a look at the CL web site home page, on the right side is a listing of the templates. Select one of the templates and the next page that opens will have links to Webshots which will show just some of the designs that can be made with each of the templates. There are endless possibilities with each of the design templates. Each of the designs look wonderful by themselves and lend themselves very well to additional stitching embellishment if you care to do so.

The Front System is a great addition for using the Stepping templates and makes exact positioning of the design element easy without having to walk from the back of the machine, to the front, to the back.

I hope I've helped. I've had my Circle Lord for about a year and absolutely love it and it makes my quilting look professional. If you are going to quilt for others, the templates pay for themselves in a very short time with just a few customer quilts. Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with, or questions that I can answer.

Hi Janet,

Carmen has given you very good information.

One thing I would like to add, if you call Michael and get the answering machine, rest assured he will call you back quickly. Michael and Kay are the best at customer services and they strive to make sure you get your questions answered quickly.

You cannot go wrong with a Circle Lord.

Mary Beth is right about the supurb customer service that Michael and Kay provide! Something else I have observed is when someone needs something that Michael hasn't made, they go out of their way to create it. Did you see the quilt done by Georgene? She needed something special and Michael came to the rescue. Here's a link to it:

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=22439&page=1#pid277732

Hi.

Another CL fan here! I have been using mine for a while now and wish I had gotten it sooner. The templates are easy, fast and beautiful. I get great results every time. The big boards make finishing a quilt so fast and so perfect you (and your customeres) will be amazed.

Yes, Michael and Kay provide outstanding back up support. I hate to say customer service because once you get it all up and running, it is a breeze. He even will make a custom template just for you. Love, love, love my CL!

Lisa

APQS Liberty

Circle Lord

New Jersey

Hi Janet - Carmen and Mary Beth are right, there are hundreds of designs to be had with just the basic set. Customer service is unsurpassed. One more thing I wanted to mention, CL has a set of books that show different designs and combinations you can do with the templates. I use mine all the time. I use the books to show the customers their options for their quilts. The books also give you the finished sizes of the various designs to help you figure out what you want to do. The books don't cost much and are sure worth the money. You can't go wrong with the CL. I have never seen a template I didn't like.

Oh my Gosh, you all have helped me so much. I now have a better understanding of how the CL works. Thank you! I think that I would love all of the templates. I will start with a couple of the basics and put all of the rest on a list for my hope chest.

Oh This is so much fun! I can't wait to place my order.

Also another thing that was not mentioned but will also add to the designs that you can do (limited only to your imagination) is when you add elements from 2 or more different stepping discs/CL basic/spiro thingy you will get even more designs. So if you buy the CL basic plus and 1 or 2 discs then add to it over time before you know it you will be swamped with thousands of thousands of designs in multiple sizes again your are only limited by your own imagination.

I agree don't fret about getting an answering machine, Michael & Kay are very good about getting back to you asap.

I e-mailed Michael last night with a question and instead of e-mailing he picked up the phone right away instead and gave me the answer that I needed. In my opinion when you buy CL you get more than just the product you get continued support, friendship, 200% customer service :cool::cool:

Hi! I love my Circle Lord goodies and think that Michael and Kay offer the best service - period! They offer a quality product, answer questions promptly and go out of their way to make sure customers are happy.

I also love to check out the pictures and videos available from their site to see how the designs look stitched out. If you haven't already, you can check out hundreds of quilts from the Circle Lord Challenge that was held a few months ago. The possibilities are endless!

Good luck - you'll love it! :)

Nicole

• 1 month later...

Hi I am new at quilting, I have the Millennium with the 14ft. table . I have lots of the circle lord but have not done much with them. Did a quilt with the wave template, it came out ok. I have the king swirls and wont to do a guilt ,but not sure where to start do you go left to right or how. I need all the help I can get.I have looked to see if there is a video any where I can see how it is done. but can't find one.

LeeLee

Janet -

Ditto to what all the ladies above have said. I love my CL and Michael and Kay are the best. They have always been very helpful with my "user errors" and I was lucky enough to have them come to my house to teach me some new tricks and customize my Front System on my Liberty.

I have back problems and sitting to quilt is very important. And with the CL I can do it both in the front of the machine and the back of the machine very easily.

I also have almost all the big templates and they have paid for themselves over and over again. The step templates are great and the designs are endless. I am so glad I made this investment and the ladies on this forum are also very helpful.

I use the step templates a lot for customer BOM's either by stitching the same design in all the blocks or different designs in each individual block. There are "recipe" books available for the stepping templates for different designs.

Some of large templates can be used for different designs too. There is a class going on right now on MQresource by Deb Levy and its great to see all these items in action. There are other video's out there and the website blog is a great resource too.

So to answer your question about how many designs you can make, well its endless! Just use your imagination.

LeeLee, you can stitch both right to left, and left to right, when using the giant templates. When using the giant templates I always stitch right to left and then usually stitch off the quilt top, lock stitches, and start right to left again. I do it this way just because it is easier for me to keep the stitching path clear in my head, but if you can keep it straight working both ways, then there isn't any reason not to do so. Quilting machines make the best stitches (from the back of the machine) when moving right to left and also bottom to top away from us, however any quilting is done by moving the machine in all directions, so I think that if you go left to right isn't a problem.

Take a few dry runs across the Swirls template to follow the path and you'll see how easy it is. It makes a great design and is a very popular customer request.

Welcome to the forum! If you need more help, just ask and there will be someone here to help you out.

Archived