New to Forum - Hello Lenni Owners

Just wanted to say hello. I had an opportunity several weeks ago to spend a few hours with Lorraine H. to check out her Lenni and Millenium. I'm currently researching LA's and am planning to purchase by the end of July...Yeah! I absolutely fell in love with the Lenni and felt very comfortable using it right from the get-go. I feel obligated to check out a few other machines (and have already looked at some) before I commit to purchasing...but...I think Lenni is the one!

I have been following the APQS forums and I think this is one of the best groups of people ever. You're so supportive of each other and I look forward to joining the ranks soon as a new Lenni owner.

Carol

Hi Carol~

Welcome to the Forum!!!!

I am a new Lenni owner as well. (My Milli's new little sister)

and I must say, I really like her!!

So easy to use and stitches like a dream.

Even my 10 year old daughters like to play with her!!!!

Your in good hands with Lorraine.

Laura

Carol,

It is always a hard choice and one that each person has to make for themselves. I will tell you that my experience from APQS is that they not only build a fantastic machine they also provide the best customer service ever. They also provide this forum which is invaluable!

good luck with the decision and keep us posted.

Hi Carol, Welcome to the insane world of quilting and the forum, compliments of APQS Co..

I have a Lenni, and love my Lenni Penny.. my good luck penny. Can't think of anything thats been changed but a fuse or two, a pigtail or two, and needles/thread.

Don't second guess yourself after you make your decision.. just know you will love your APQS machine, no matter what you decide on, apqs or not.

We are a nutty bunch, and prayerful, encouraging, friendly, love to see eye candy or show off ours..

Don't expect to be nearly perfect when you start out. Practice, practice, practice + PPP and PPPPP. try to get in a few min a day, then when that cloth is full, add another layer of muslin on top, both suggestions from our members.. Heidi M was the last about layering muslin on top of a finished PP. Saves a lot of $$ on batting and backing and topper. also try on a dry erase board or a window, piece of fairly heavy table cover plastic, or in an old phone book..

Have fun, remember to breathe, relax, have a finger tip grip on the handles.. and I'm sure you've read lots of tips and hints on various thread chat lines.. and probably will read more to come..

RitaR

Thanks for the suggestion about layering Muslin on top of an already quilted top. Great idea! :) As soon as I get my machine I plan on practicing every minute I can spare and am already practicing on paper. This forum is the place to be for a beginner as you all are so warm and helpful. Hopefully I'll do well and can one day pass on my two cents. Thanks all and I'll keep you posted...That little Lenni is all I can think about!

Welcome Carol! I understand your excitement and anticipation-I got my Lenni in March and the 3-4 week wait in getting her was difficult! In addition to the great ideas from others in this forum, think about getting some thread in the colors you need. You will get samples to PPP with, but I then had to wait to order thread before I could start a real quilt. I'm sure APQS would send you some info on recommended thread. They sell thread and I also received a catalog from Superior Thread with my machine.

Welcome Carol! I understand your excitement and anticipation-I got my Lenni in March and the 3-4 week wait in getting her was difficult! In addition to the great ideas from others in this forum, think about getting some thread in the colors you need. You will get samples to PPP with, but I then had to wait to order thread before I could start a real quilt. I'm sure APQS would send you some info on recommended thread. They sell thread and I also received a catalog from Superior Thread with my machine.

Originally posted by alnaquilts

Thanks! I won't be ordering until late July/early August...and I'm so excited. I have already made a list of stuff I'll need to buy and thread is at the top of the list! And my list keeps growing! I'll just keep reading this forum for all of the good tips and I'm sure I'll be asking for help in the near future, too! Such great people here.;)

Originally posted by alnaquilts

Thanks! I won't be ordering until late July/early August...and I'm so excited. I have already made a list of stuff I'll need to buy and thread is at the top of the list! And my list keeps growing! I'll just keep reading this forum for all of the good tips and I'm sure I'll be asking for help in the near future, too! Such great people here.;)

Originally posted by jmcclannan

Welcome - I must ask about your name "westiemom". I'm assuming you have a westie. I have one named Katie. They're dears, aren't they?

Oh, yes...I see your babies in the photo! We have two Westies...Missy and Fionna. They are wonderful and always entertaining! They won't be happy with me when I have to ban them from my new quilting studio.

Originally posted by jmcclannan

Welcome - I must ask about your name "westiemom". I'm assuming you have a westie. I have one named Katie. They're dears, aren't they?

Oh, yes...I see your babies in the photo! We have two Westies...Missy and Fionna. They are wonderful and always entertaining! They won't be happy with me when I have to ban them from my new quilting studio.

Originally posted by Blue Wren

Here a tip for you Westiemom....Westie babies love batting!

They especially like it when it dangles from a half quilted quilt!

LOL! Oh, no! They definitely aren't allowed to get near the batting! Your baby is lovely and looks just like our Fionna.

Sorry to get off topic...

Originally posted by Blue Wren

Here a tip for you Westiemom....Westie babies love batting!

They especially like it when it dangles from a half quilted quilt!

LOL! Oh, no! They definitely aren't allowed to get near the batting! Your baby is lovely and looks just like our Fionna.

Sorry to get off topic...

Archived