Different canvas Leaders

Are the Canvas Leaders for each leader when you order JUST alike and if not what would be the difference in them?

I am curious why the Leaders are so LONG. Wouldn't 30 inches of leader be enough? If not, why.

I am just curiuos. Thinking about cutting my LEADER in HALF for two leaders.

I plan to do the velcro and hemming along with ZIPPER LEADERS put on perfect before I have canvas on the machine.

Just seeing if anyone has done this or changed their setup in a different way.

hmmm....nerver thought to cut down the leaders....don't see why you couldn't if you only plan to do really small quilts, but don't you ever plan on doing a king size quilt you will need the longer leaders for that. I only have about 4 inches on each pole that isn't covered by leader...overkill for even a king size quilt, so now i'll think about cutting them down to that size. Thanks for the idea, they do get in the way when I float a quilt.

I don't think the width is overkill. Wait until you get a king that is made for a pillow top with a standard size box spring and it was made to go to the floor. Not much left on your machine after the 130 inch quilt and the extra width for the backing. :D jeri

Oh, I'm sorry I did think you meant the length of the leaders not the depth of the leaders. The ones that I have are about 15 inches deep how deep are the ones that you're talking about? I wouldn't think you wouldn't need more than 2 or 3 wraps on the pole at least that many to make the leader stable. You mentioned 60 inches....does that mean you have 5 foot wrapped around each pole....yuck you can have all three poles with new leaders off that one,;) and have two more to store till later.

Yeah, Jeri, have been there...it maxed out the machine I couldn't even get to the very edges of the huge huge king size I did....had to finish the last few edge inches on the DSM....it was only cross hatched, thank God no feathers to match up.

I like to have that extra for rolling a quilt backing back and forth a few times in the case of the backing not hanging perfectly on the machine. I just roll back and forth.

I also zip the leaders together once in a while and roll them back and forth, It gets them realigned from time to time. That's one of the many things I love about the zippers.........

Archived