EQ7 Question

meg

well, i thought i would at least get it installed before i had a question, but no.

:o i have a laptop and a desktop. i would like to install my EQ7 in both locations. will i be allowed to install it in more than one computer or do i have to pick? :o

well, i thought i would at least get it installed before i had a question, but no.

:o i have a laptop and a desktop. i would like to install my EQ7 in both locations. will i be allowed to install it in more than one computer or do i have to pick? :o

Haven't gotten mine in the mail yet, but EQ6 you had XYZ many times (I think it was 5) you could download and then you have to get permission from the company to download again...so if you have it on a laptop and a desktop that would be two downloads... And I believe on the EQ6 box it said you could put it on both as long as both were registered to you. Now being that said, I'm really not sure, but I will also be checking into this when I get mine this week.

Haven't gotten mine in the mail yet, but EQ6 you had XYZ many times (I think it was 5) you could download and then you have to get permission from the company to download again...so if you have it on a laptop and a desktop that would be two downloads... And I believe on the EQ6 box it said you could put it on both as long as both were registered to you. Now being that said, I'm really not sure, but I will also be checking into this when I get mine this week.

This is what the manual says on page 8 under Activating EQ7,

"Each computer whereEQ7 has been installed will need to be activated for EQ7 to run. Two computers can be active at a time. If you install on more than two computers, it is up to you to manage your active computers. Activating and deactivating is a quick and simple process over the Internet."

This is what the manual says on page 8 under Activating EQ7,

"Each computer whereEQ7 has been installed will need to be activated for EQ7 to run. Two computers can be active at a time. If you install on more than two computers, it is up to you to manage your active computers. Activating and deactivating is a quick and simple process over the Internet."

Also, if you are installing the upgrade, you must have your book from EQ6. You need your software ID and lic. #. Mine defaulted when I installed the upgrade. I ask Heidi for an EQ forum so she is trying to get approval.

The next shipment mails out Friday.

Sandra

Also, if you are installing the upgrade, you must have your book from EQ6. You need your software ID and lic. #. Mine defaulted when I installed the upgrade. I ask Heidi for an EQ forum so she is trying to get approval.

The next shipment mails out Friday.

Sandra

I already installed my EQ7 upgrade on both my laptop & PC. Been playing with it a little in the evenings after my customer quilts get done for the day.

So far I like what I have seen! At first glance it doesn't seem too different than EQ6 but then you start to see new things while playing with the program that make you think... oh that was a good upgrade to that section or wow that makes it so much easier than before.

Also don't forget to download the free monthly fabric libraries from the EQ website and Connecting Threads has their fabrics also available for free downloads for the EQ programs on their website. Guess what I was doing last night :D

Would like to learn more advanced EQ stuff, would be great when the EQ forum area becomes available here that someone with advanced knowledge of the software could help walk us through parts of the program, and give us tips and easy how to info...hint, hint :cool:

For instance I never was able to figure out how to transfer my Bernina embroidery designs to the EQ program or how to export my project files so they are turned into teaching/instructions/patterns/documents in word.

I already installed my EQ7 upgrade on both my laptop & PC. Been playing with it a little in the evenings after my customer quilts get done for the day.

So far I like what I have seen! At first glance it doesn't seem too different than EQ6 but then you start to see new things while playing with the program that make you think... oh that was a good upgrade to that section or wow that makes it so much easier than before.

Also don't forget to download the free monthly fabric libraries from the EQ website and Connecting Threads has their fabrics also available for free downloads for the EQ programs on their website. Guess what I was doing last night :D

Would like to learn more advanced EQ stuff, would be great when the EQ forum area becomes available here that someone with advanced knowledge of the software could help walk us through parts of the program, and give us tips and easy how to info...hint, hint :cool:

For instance I never was able to figure out how to transfer my Bernina embroidery designs to the EQ program or how to export my project files so they are turned into teaching/instructions/patterns/documents in word.

Guest Linda S

Yep - I put mine on my desktop PC and on my MacBook (using Parallels to make it run). I guess you can install it everywhere, just can't use more than two locations simultaneously. I think this assures the EQ folks that you won't be using your license at the same time several of your friends will be using it! ;) I'm glad to be able to have it on the desktop and also on my notebook computers.

Linda

Guest Linda S

Yep - I put mine on my desktop PC and on my MacBook (using Parallels to make it run). I guess you can install it everywhere, just can't use more than two locations simultaneously. I think this assures the EQ folks that you won't be using your license at the same time several of your friends will be using it! ;) I'm glad to be able to have it on the desktop and also on my notebook computers.

Linda

Archived