Ruler-Mate

Do any of you have the Ruler-Mate Extended Base plate? If so, where did you get it? I'm trying to get one but they are backordered from lovetoquilt.com (as well as everything else I ordered there) and I can't find them anywhere else. I've tried Kimgsmen and Columbia River. I can't find a website for the company so I'm wondering who in the world makes them. Thanks-Marie

I'm not sure I would want the Off the Edge base plate...its made of plastic and for the price I would go the extra and get the one from APQS.

Donna has been out of the base plates for almost a year now, as she told me I got her last one...and she has been selling all her templates at a really huge reduction.

Its is 3/8" thick and made for the APQS machines. You can try and return if you don't like it for a refund of the product price. We've had good comments from our local long arm guild on the base plate. Its very sturdy and provides good support for rulers.

Thanks Darlene. I should have said the extended bases are now available for machines WITH OR WITHOUT the thread cutter feature. When you order there is a box to indicate if you have a thread cutter or not on your machine. (We just retained a web-page designer, but our site is not the best right now!) We're also working with HandyQuilter to make an extended baseplate for their machines too. Those will be available soon.

Ruler Mate is Donita's design, and unfortunately, I don't know who distributes for her. If you call Lakeside Quilt Company (use to be Huckleberry Quilt Works I think) at

Toll Free (888) 361- 4806 they will be able to help you. I've always had good service with orders I've placed with her company.

Guest Linda S

I have the RulerMate from Donita. It took about 3 months after I ordered it for it to finally arrive, but I do really love it. Good luck getting one.

Linda

Donita has had some personal issues and she has also moved her place of business. I would just order one and wait. I waited two months. The person who manufactures them is sometimes the hold up. I got all frustrated too, but after I heard her story I decided I just needed to be patient. Make sure it's the one with the thread cutter.

I have ordered from lovetoquilt and have received everything except my ruler mate. It is on back order and will be shipped as soon as they have it. I have no worries about that. I own a business too and know how manufacturers get behind also. Just be patient I'm sure you'll get it as soon as they have it. They are a reputable company.

Guest Linda S

I have an older Hartley base Joy, and it never fit my machine well. It kept falling off while I was working. The new ones look a bit different than mine, or maybe that's the one with the room for the thread cutter, as I have a Liberty which doesn't have a thread cutter. I just wanted something bigger and more secure. That is why I love the RulerMate.

Linda

Archived