Millie NOT fixed yet again. Get with the program APQS!

Well, folks, a lot of you are following this thread and the bad news is Millie isn't fully cured yet. My dealer came yesterday (last minute schedule change) and we put in the new circuit boards and one of the circuit boards worked: the horizontal channel lock doesn't automatically come on so the "grounding"issue is fixed (so your prayer did help!). BUT the NEW little board controlling the needle up/down DOESN'T WORK. Apparently APQS has had a bad batch of boards. Amy told my dealer they have had trouble with this and it is a nightmare. I'll say, and not just for them!!! Thank goodness I am not in business right now and just a newbie although I think APQS Knowing that it has a bad batch of boards, SHOULD NOT have been CHEAP considering the price I paid and the wasted time for my dealer, and should have sent more than one "bad batch boards" to begin with, especially knowing that my dealer was going to put it in, and not some clumsy ignorant newbie. It is just bad business to do that knowing they have a problem with the boards. Someone else on this forum did a U@U and told me she has had the same problem as I do and it is getting to be a SLOW FIX and she has a long arm business. She is lucky she has another machine. Again she is disappointed with her Millie and APQS and again APQS is not getting a good business rating with her. Thank goodness I have a good dealer, Kelley Jones, who will go and deal with this with service 'cause I am fit to be tied and would have a hard time keeping my temper (he was pretty angry that he drove almost 3 hours to help me and the board was bad). Kelley will speak to Amy tomorrow and hopefully they will send out more than one board (of course I'll send the other, not otherS back) and not the usual UPS Ground which in my area, south west Virginia can take 5-7 days. Would I recommend APQS? Well, I'd have to say, lovely people, good machines when they work, always available on the phone during the week and, through the dealer on weekends, but start up has been, sadly, very rocky for me... On the positive note, my dealer says mechanically, my machine feels really good to him so i shall keep hoping!!! Hopefully I just lost a battle but not the war! Keep my poor Millie in your prayers!!! I think i will have to call her Illie as one of you suggested...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, folks, a lot of you are following this thread and the bad news is Millie isn't fully cured yet. My dealer came yesterday (last minute schedule change) and we put in the new circuit boards and one of the circuit boards worked: the horizontal channel lock doesn't automatically come on so the "grounding"issue is fixed (so your prayer did help!). BUT the NEW little board controlling the needle up/down DOESN'T WORK. Apparently APQS has had a bad batch of boards. Amy told my dealer they have had trouble with this and it is a nightmare. I'll say, and not just for them!!! Thank goodness I am not in business right now and just a newbie although I think APQS Knowing that it has a bad batch of boards, SHOULD NOT have been CHEAP considering the price I paid and the wasted time for my dealer, and should have sent more than one "bad batch boards" to begin with, especially knowing that my dealer was going to put it in, and not some clumsy ignorant newbie. It is just bad business to do that knowing they have a problem with the boards. Someone else on this forum did a U@U and told me she has had the same problem as I do and it is getting to be a SLOW FIX and she has a long arm business. She is lucky she has another machine. Again she is disappointed with her Millie and APQS and again APQS is not getting a good business rating with her. Thank goodness I have a good dealer, Kelley Jones, who will go and deal with this with service 'cause I am fit to be tied and would have a hard time keeping my temper (he was pretty angry that he drove almost 3 hours to help me and the board was bad). Kelley will speak to Amy tomorrow and hopefully they will send out more than one board (of course I'll send the other, not otherS back) and not the usual UPS Ground which in my area, south west Virginia can take 5-7 days. Would I recommend APQS? Well, I'd have to say, lovely people, good machines when they work, always available on the phone during the week and, through the dealer on weekends, but start up has been, sadly, very rocky for me... On the positive note, my dealer says mechanically, my machine feels really good to him so i shall keep hoping!!! Hopefully I just lost a battle but not the war! Keep my poor Millie in your prayers!!! I think i will have to call her Illie as one of you suggested...

i'm sorry carol. if i had known this was going to happen, i would never had made the Illie joke.

it sounds like this circuit board problem is pretty wide spread. i have seen a few posts of the last few months regarding bad boards. i, too, would be losing my patience. they'll get it fixed, and i hope its not too much longer that you have to wait.

hang in there - i'll keep you & millie (illie) in my good thoughts.

i'm sorry carol. if i had known this was going to happen, i would never had made the Illie joke.

it sounds like this circuit board problem is pretty wide spread. i have seen a few posts of the last few months regarding bad boards. i, too, would be losing my patience. they'll get it fixed, and i hope its not too much longer that you have to wait.

hang in there - i'll keep you & millie (illie) in my good thoughts.

Dang, I sure hate to hear Milli isn't working yet, for either of you~!!

I so have to stick my dumb neck out here and mention something else. Yes, APQS apparently has received a bad batch of boards, might be, in fact to me sounds like they are bad in more than one situation, but also consider, some of the damage to the boards could be caused by rough handling during shipment, even if the box, or boxes don't show damage. That thought comes from experience a few years ago, with another product I ordered.

Kelley and Joanne are great, and will work for you as much as they need to. They are my dealers too, unfortunately did not get credit for selling me the machine.. someone else did.. but she's not local.

Prayers for you, Kelley, and all else having troubles and involved with your machine..

I hope it is fixed real soon. Maybe they should be asked to check the board out before they send it would help.. if it's the board, it shouldn't work on another machine either.

RitaR

Dang, I sure hate to hear Milli isn't working yet, for either of you~!!

I so have to stick my dumb neck out here and mention something else. Yes, APQS apparently has received a bad batch of boards, might be, in fact to me sounds like they are bad in more than one situation, but also consider, some of the damage to the boards could be caused by rough handling during shipment, even if the box, or boxes don't show damage. That thought comes from experience a few years ago, with another product I ordered.

Kelley and Joanne are great, and will work for you as much as they need to. They are my dealers too, unfortunately did not get credit for selling me the machine.. someone else did.. but she's not local.

Prayers for you, Kelley, and all else having troubles and involved with your machine..

I hope it is fixed real soon. Maybe they should be asked to check the board out before they send it would help.. if it's the board, it shouldn't work on another machine either.

RitaR

This makes me nervous since I haven't had my Millie very long............wondering about the circuit boards in mine.

I had a similar thing happen - only with a new computer. Ordered a computer made to my needs, got it out of the box, all hooked up and it worked so-so for a few days then CRASHED. The Motherboard was bad. I was very angry, too. Like you, I had to call tech support (that's fun with a computer!!!) and spent 45 minutes on the phone for him to declare a bad Motherboard. OK, now I wait for 10 days for the new one. I was NOT a happy person. I didn't think it was working as fast as it should when I first started up and that's why.

I agree with you..........IF APQS knows about the possible bad batch of circuit boards, then be prepared and send more than one ! OR, TEST the ones they have to see if they are bad BEFORE sending to a dealer or customer and wasting everyone's time. :(

This makes me nervous since I haven't had my Millie very long............wondering about the circuit boards in mine.

I had a similar thing happen - only with a new computer. Ordered a computer made to my needs, got it out of the box, all hooked up and it worked so-so for a few days then CRASHED. The Motherboard was bad. I was very angry, too. Like you, I had to call tech support (that's fun with a computer!!!) and spent 45 minutes on the phone for him to declare a bad Motherboard. OK, now I wait for 10 days for the new one. I was NOT a happy person. I didn't think it was working as fast as it should when I first started up and that's why.

I agree with you..........IF APQS knows about the possible bad batch of circuit boards, then be prepared and send more than one ! OR, TEST the ones they have to see if they are bad BEFORE sending to a dealer or customer and wasting everyone's time. :(

Thanks all for your support!

I think I will email Heidi about how APQS should handle this from a consumer view point because I just took a long hike with my pooch and hubby and i feel I have sorted out my feelings. I would not have lost my temper if APQS had not taken the "Toyota" line. When faced with a bad batch of circuit boards from a supplier; 'fess up! They should have immediately let all dealers know that they have a problem with their supplier of the boards, then warn anyone who calls in with a circuit board problem that they are aware of the bad batch, send MORE THAN ONE out to the customer (even more if necessary) as a good faith gesture to owners, let them use it for the requisite amount of testing time and I am certain that customers would send the unused one back. After all, they send a note saying they will charge you the cost of the board if you don't send the old one back! Even more, do that for NEW owners who haven't yet established any loyal feelings with the company; and especially do that when a dealer is involved with a fix. Kelley was embarrassed for the company. It isn't a problem with being jolted in shipping (asked an electrical engineer). If necessary, put it on the Forum (or even better, put it in a note with the machine when it is sent out) about what is going on and how they are fixing the problem. They may get a few more phone calls but they can do a little PR while they diagnose if it is the circuit board. Folks are not mean spirited. We can all understand they might have to search for a new supplier who can make on a relatively small scale, the boards APQS needs. BUT sending out more than one board at a time as soon as their is a problem, would have at least given us a chance at getting a good one, and show a little respect to customers and dealers AND and send them all out faster than the usual method without a demand from customer or dealer, since the problem is not created by the owners!!!

Thanks all for your support!

I think I will email Heidi about how APQS should handle this from a consumer view point because I just took a long hike with my pooch and hubby and i feel I have sorted out my feelings. I would not have lost my temper if APQS had not taken the "Toyota" line. When faced with a bad batch of circuit boards from a supplier; 'fess up! They should have immediately let all dealers know that they have a problem with their supplier of the boards, then warn anyone who calls in with a circuit board problem that they are aware of the bad batch, send MORE THAN ONE out to the customer (even more if necessary) as a good faith gesture to owners, let them use it for the requisite amount of testing time and I am certain that customers would send the unused one back. After all, they send a note saying they will charge you the cost of the board if you don't send the old one back! Even more, do that for NEW owners who haven't yet established any loyal feelings with the company; and especially do that when a dealer is involved with a fix. Kelley was embarrassed for the company. It isn't a problem with being jolted in shipping (asked an electrical engineer). If necessary, put it on the Forum (or even better, put it in a note with the machine when it is sent out) about what is going on and how they are fixing the problem. They may get a few more phone calls but they can do a little PR while they diagnose if it is the circuit board. Folks are not mean spirited. We can all understand they might have to search for a new supplier who can make on a relatively small scale, the boards APQS needs. BUT sending out more than one board at a time as soon as their is a problem, would have at least given us a chance at getting a good one, and show a little respect to customers and dealers AND and send them all out faster than the usual method without a demand from customer or dealer, since the problem is not created by the owners!!!

I have had the same problems from day ONE. My horizontal lock

kept coming on too. I have had so far (3) board replacement,

my machine was gone for (1) month total being in Iowa looked at

and Friday I broke down again. Needle up/down going nuts.

In all the months (7) I have not been able to do one quilt without

problems. I thank GOD for Barb Mayfield my dealer. This lady has gone out of her way to help me. Even offered her own sewing

head to me. I'm frustrated too. APQS is shipping another board

to me because BARB stepped in once again. I have said very

little about my problems just trying to go with the flow.

I guess the flow is no longer working for me either.

I have had the same problems from day ONE. My horizontal lock

kept coming on too. I have had so far (3) board replacement,

my machine was gone for (1) month total being in Iowa looked at

and Friday I broke down again. Needle up/down going nuts.

In all the months (7) I have not been able to do one quilt without

problems. I thank GOD for Barb Mayfield my dealer. This lady has gone out of her way to help me. Even offered her own sewing

head to me. I'm frustrated too. APQS is shipping another board

to me because BARB stepped in once again. I have said very

little about my problems just trying to go with the flow.

I guess the flow is no longer working for me either.

Originally posted by MarieBrewer

What the heck!!! Don't these machines get a full testing b/4 they hit the street? If they left the factory will functional, you'd think they would work on the receiving end. Maybe I should be glad I decided to stay w/my old Millie and not upgrade.

Nice theory, but it doesn't always work. Mine took months to get sorted. I think we can all be pleased I live so far from the factory. I had a serious sense of humour failure. Then again I was trying to support myself and my machine represented all my starting capital.

It will get fixed, and you will love the machine. Getting there can be painful.

Ferret

Archived