Millie NOT fixed yet again. Get with the program APQS!

Originally posted by MarieBrewer

What the heck!!! Don't these machines get a full testing b/4 they hit the street? If they left the factory will functional, you'd think they would work on the receiving end. Maybe I should be glad I decided to stay w/my old Millie and not upgrade.

Nice theory, but it doesn't always work. Mine took months to get sorted. I think we can all be pleased I live so far from the factory. I had a serious sense of humour failure. Then again I was trying to support myself and my machine represented all my starting capital.

It will get fixed, and you will love the machine. Getting there can be painful.

Ferret

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not on here much but can attest to the fact that even tho it may take some time, once the problem is taken care of the machines made by APQS are awesome. I had many problems in the beginning and was ready to take action, but finally got my problem taken care of by Bob. Since then I have had no complaints. I know it is hard but hang in there..... miss Jacque

I am not on here much but can attest to the fact that even tho it may take some time, once the problem is taken care of the machines made by APQS are awesome. I had many problems in the beginning and was ready to take action, but finally got my problem taken care of by Bob. Since then I have had no complaints. I know it is hard but hang in there..... miss Jacque

in the uk if something arrives broken or breaks within 30 days of purchase you are by law guaranteed a replacement, no questions asked, only if it is 30 days old can they start down the repair route. Is this the same in the states?

I too have had problems, hopefully the techie that I am married to who just happens to be an electrical engineer has fixed the problem. Just road testing it now.

Fingers crossed that everything gets sorted out.

in the uk if something arrives broken or breaks within 30 days of purchase you are by law guaranteed a replacement, no questions asked, only if it is 30 days old can they start down the repair route. Is this the same in the states?

I too have had problems, hopefully the techie that I am married to who just happens to be an electrical engineer has fixed the problem. Just road testing it now.

Fingers crossed that everything gets sorted out.

Carol,

I am so sorry your machine issues have not been resolved yet.

Unfortunately with circuit boards there is no way of knowing if they are good or bad until they are used, however since there does seem to be a problem with this batch of boards, APQS needs to contact their supplier and recieve a new batch of boards or APQS should get themselves a new supplier ASAP. Alot of us do have business' dependant on these machines and yes I agree the longer this issue is a problem the bigger the problem is going to be for APQS.

I for one will be very angry if the boards they ship to me are also bad, my Liberty has been down for too longmost of May and now for almost a week in June, I have dead lines to meet, and I am loosing $ waiting for a fix. For now I am still giving APQS the benifit of the doubt and and giving them the time to make this right for me, but the longer it takes to resolve, the more $ I end up loosing from being down the more angry I will be.

Hang in there just a bit longer ;)

Carol,

I am so sorry your machine issues have not been resolved yet.

Unfortunately with circuit boards there is no way of knowing if they are good or bad until they are used, however since there does seem to be a problem with this batch of boards, APQS needs to contact their supplier and recieve a new batch of boards or APQS should get themselves a new supplier ASAP. Alot of us do have business' dependant on these machines and yes I agree the longer this issue is a problem the bigger the problem is going to be for APQS.

I for one will be very angry if the boards they ship to me are also bad, my Liberty has been down for too longmost of May and now for almost a week in June, I have dead lines to meet, and I am loosing $ waiting for a fix. For now I am still giving APQS the benifit of the doubt and and giving them the time to make this right for me, but the longer it takes to resolve, the more $ I end up loosing from being down the more angry I will be.

Hang in there just a bit longer ;)

Guest Linda S

Sorry to hear of your troubles. My machine had a bad circuit board in it when I got it too. I sent the whole head back and they replaced the appropriate board and got it running in tip-top shape. I've now had it for almost 6 years and I still love the darn thing!

Guest Linda S

Sorry to hear of your troubles. My machine had a bad circuit board in it when I got it too. I sent the whole head back and they replaced the appropriate board and got it running in tip-top shape. I've now had it for almost 6 years and I still love the darn thing!

HI, all,

I emailed Heidi about the circuit boards so if she wasn't aware of the problem and that involves more than just me, she is now. I did tell her that anyone who owns an APQS machine in these difficult economic times has a vested interest in seeing that the company thrives, hence my email. That includes letting them know if there is something that needs immediate attention and anything that is causing lost long arm quilting business. By all accounts APQS is the best company at responding to needs of customers. And yes for all my frustration, they have never "put me on hold". If they don't know about our frustration with a problem, they can't fix it. If everyone who has had these problems emailed Heidi, maybe we'd get an explanation or even a letter from the CEO! I did my research and the APQS machines seemed like the best and they are responsive folks. But a prod now and then is always good for a company. I think anyone who has a repeat circuit board problem should email Heidi. The competition out there is stiff for long arm manufacturers. Keeping APQS on their toes helps them as well as us. Again, if they don't thrive, it isn't good for us who own their machines. It is to their credit that we can complain to them. That they answer the phone. I would rather buy from a responsive company. No company is perfect. But one that answers the phone instead of leaving you to "please press 2 now if you want..." is the better one to buy from for all you folks who considering an APQS machine. I am certain that a supplier can be found for reliable boards. After all, every sewing machine, toaster, microwave, car, TV, etc. has circuit boards. I suspect that the problem might be that the reliable big time suppliers want to make millions not just hundreds of each kind of board. Finding a company to do a relatively small number of circuit boards may be the problem. But it would be relief to know how the search for good circuit boards is going.

HI, all,

I emailed Heidi about the circuit boards so if she wasn't aware of the problem and that involves more than just me, she is now. I did tell her that anyone who owns an APQS machine in these difficult economic times has a vested interest in seeing that the company thrives, hence my email. That includes letting them know if there is something that needs immediate attention and anything that is causing lost long arm quilting business. By all accounts APQS is the best company at responding to needs of customers. And yes for all my frustration, they have never "put me on hold". If they don't know about our frustration with a problem, they can't fix it. If everyone who has had these problems emailed Heidi, maybe we'd get an explanation or even a letter from the CEO! I did my research and the APQS machines seemed like the best and they are responsive folks. But a prod now and then is always good for a company. I think anyone who has a repeat circuit board problem should email Heidi. The competition out there is stiff for long arm manufacturers. Keeping APQS on their toes helps them as well as us. Again, if they don't thrive, it isn't good for us who own their machines. It is to their credit that we can complain to them. That they answer the phone. I would rather buy from a responsive company. No company is perfect. But one that answers the phone instead of leaving you to "please press 2 now if you want..." is the better one to buy from for all you folks who considering an APQS machine. I am certain that a supplier can be found for reliable boards. After all, every sewing machine, toaster, microwave, car, TV, etc. has circuit boards. I suspect that the problem might be that the reliable big time suppliers want to make millions not just hundreds of each kind of board. Finding a company to do a relatively small number of circuit boards may be the problem. But it would be relief to know how the search for good circuit boards is going.

Calling HEidi direct is an idea except that I would like to give her a little time to digest and think about the information and my concerns. I know I have calmed down considerably knowing I am not alone with the problem and have put it in the perspective taht I don't have to rely on my machine for my living (which runs very well on the functions it does have) I think the cost of a Millennium does raise and should raise high expectations. It isn't Heidi's fault. And I need time to become rational about it!!!

Calling HEidi direct is an idea except that I would like to give her a little time to digest and think about the information and my concerns. I know I have calmed down considerably knowing I am not alone with the problem and have put it in the perspective taht I don't have to rely on my machine for my living (which runs very well on the functions it does have) I think the cost of a Millennium does raise and should raise high expectations. It isn't Heidi's fault. And I need time to become rational about it!!!

Carol, I know when I had a problem with mine and thought it was the timing I had called and someone called me back and had amie send me the "manual" that I already had and then I emailed her trying to find out who was a representative in my area and never did get an answer back. I searched on the internet and finally found Sheila in Woodenville and she stopped by on her way home from a retreat and fixed it. THe finger had broken off the bobbin case thing. It wasn't anything they could have walked me thru but a phone call to give me a reps number would have been really nice. After that, they have some catching up to do in my book!! I don't care that they were all at MQS, I just needed name, darnit!

Carol, I know when I had a problem with mine and thought it was the timing I had called and someone called me back and had amie send me the "manual" that I already had and then I emailed her trying to find out who was a representative in my area and never did get an answer back. I searched on the internet and finally found Sheila in Woodenville and she stopped by on her way home from a retreat and fixed it. THe finger had broken off the bobbin case thing. It wasn't anything they could have walked me thru but a phone call to give me a reps number would have been really nice. After that, they have some catching up to do in my book!! I don't care that they were all at MQS, I just needed name, darnit!

Hi, all,

Just got an email from Heidi, She is on the trail of trying to find out what is going on with these darn circuit boards. She has sent my email on to the owners and Service. You know if I hadn't heard that others are having this problem even worse than I (me?) I might not have sent it. Obviously she wasn't clued into the problem. I guess you all have figured out that I fight for my patients, this time my poor Illie Millie. (It did so tick off the attending physicians during my Internal Medicine internship when I when I let them know they were not giving a patient enough attention or thought.) Ah, yes, the ol' squeaky wheel... Boy, do I need a new name for Illie Millie!

Hi, all,

Just got an email from Heidi, She is on the trail of trying to find out what is going on with these darn circuit boards. She has sent my email on to the owners and Service. You know if I hadn't heard that others are having this problem even worse than I (me?) I might not have sent it. Obviously she wasn't clued into the problem. I guess you all have figured out that I fight for my patients, this time my poor Illie Millie. (It did so tick off the attending physicians during my Internal Medicine internship when I when I let them know they were not giving a patient enough attention or thought.) Ah, yes, the ol' squeaky wheel... Boy, do I need a new name for Illie Millie!

Archived