Aunt Dora's Double Knit Polyester Bullet Proof Quilt!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheridan, I agree with the others, What a great memory!

Patty Jo, Your "bullet proof quilt" really brought back memories. When I went to college in the 70's my mom made a double knit quilt for my dorm bed. It was all turquoise squares. who thought someone could have so many different turquoise fabrics!! And can you believe I was the only one in the dorm with a "bullet proof quilt!!"

I still have it and it has survived camping, padding furniture in a move, dogs, kids and whatever I could throw at it. It will be around long after I am gone.

Thanks Patty Jo, for the reminder!

Sheridan, I agree with the others, What a great memory!

Patty Jo, Your "bullet proof quilt" really brought back memories. When I went to college in the 70's my mom made a double knit quilt for my dorm bed. It was all turquoise squares. who thought someone could have so many different turquoise fabrics!! And can you believe I was the only one in the dorm with a "bullet proof quilt!!"

I still have it and it has survived camping, padding furniture in a move, dogs, kids and whatever I could throw at it. It will be around long after I am gone.

Thanks Patty Jo, for the reminder!

Patty Jo,

This quilt is so meaningful--really a treasure. I say--beauty is in the HEART of the beholder, as well as the eye.

And you did beautiful Twists on it! Please bring it to the next Moxies so we can all pat it.

Aunt Dora is smiling on you!

Patty Jo,

This quilt is so meaningful--really a treasure. I say--beauty is in the HEART of the beholder, as well as the eye.

And you did beautiful Twists on it! Please bring it to the next Moxies so we can all pat it.

Aunt Dora is smiling on you!

My husband had one growing up nicknamed "THE IRON CURTAIN", which he brought with him when we got married. It was made by my mother in law and had blue fuzzy fabric on the back, I think it had a twin. I could barely lift it, it was very heavy! ;););)

My husband had one growing up nicknamed "THE IRON CURTAIN", which he brought with him when we got married. It was made by my mother in law and had blue fuzzy fabric on the back, I think it had a twin. I could barely lift it, it was very heavy! ;););)

Great story! I made all my high school clothes and my Mom would take my scraps back to my grandma. One year while at Grandma's I noticed her Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt with my high school scraps. I asked for the quilt. Grandma said when she was dead and gone I could have it. I told her that I would never get it since we didn't live close. When we got ready to leave, Grandma gave me the quilt. I treasure it so much as she was the light of my life and I can date it back to 1960. Yes, I said 1960, lordie that makes me feeling old but I don't feel it:.

Diana

Great story! I made all my high school clothes and my Mom would take my scraps back to my grandma. One year while at Grandma's I noticed her Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt with my high school scraps. I asked for the quilt. Grandma said when she was dead and gone I could have it. I told her that I would never get it since we didn't live close. When we got ready to leave, Grandma gave me the quilt. I treasure it so much as she was the light of my life and I can date it back to 1960. Yes, I said 1960, lordie that makes me feeling old but I don't feel it:.

Diana

Good job, Patty-Jo! The colors are so vibrant; no fading in those old poly fabrics. I can't tell you how many dresses and pant suits I made back in the 60's and early 70's with that polyester fabric. Plus, wasn't is about 60 inches wide? It was the miracle fabric: no dry cleaning like the woolens; no wrinkles when washed, like the cottons. It was the best...at least back then, it was. :P

Sheridan, what a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing.

Good job, Patty-Jo! The colors are so vibrant; no fading in those old poly fabrics. I can't tell you how many dresses and pant suits I made back in the 60's and early 70's with that polyester fabric. Plus, wasn't is about 60 inches wide? It was the miracle fabric: no dry cleaning like the woolens; no wrinkles when washed, like the cottons. It was the best...at least back then, it was. :P

Sheridan, what a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing.

Archived