NQR: Toaster Suggestions??

Guest Linda S

I had an old (I think it's still out in the garage) GE that was my grandmother's. That toaster ROCKED. Nice evenly browned toast (only two slices though). Eventually, a bunch of the little elements in it blew out and I've been trying to find a decent toaster ever since. Either they take way too long to work, or they don't brown evenly, etc. I have a four-slice Cuisinart right now and it's okay, but I wouldn't really recommend it. They just don't make 'em like the used to!

Linda

P.S. Just had a thought (amazing)! Try the Vermont Country Store. They usually test a lot of things before putting them in their catalog, so they might have some recommendations for you.

Guest Linda S

I had an old (I think it's still out in the garage) GE that was my grandmother's. That toaster ROCKED. Nice evenly browned toast (only two slices though). Eventually, a bunch of the little elements in it blew out and I've been trying to find a decent toaster ever since. Either they take way too long to work, or they don't brown evenly, etc. I have a four-slice Cuisinart right now and it's okay, but I wouldn't really recommend it. They just don't make 'em like the used to!

Linda

P.S. Just had a thought (amazing)! Try the Vermont Country Store. They usually test a lot of things before putting them in their catalog, so they might have some recommendations for you.

Vicki, I love that idea!

Linda, good thinking, I'll go check their web site. Thanks for suggesting it. Our latest "old" one is a Hamilton Beach. Was great when new.

My DH loves toast, and I though I might splurge on a good one for father's day. But I was shocked at the $300 price tags...and the meager 1 or 2 year warranty!!!

For even browning they recommend pre-heat the elements by running an empty cycle on high. That seems a bit wasteful in these energy-conservative times we're in.

Toasting seems so simple and basic, not sure why it is so tough to find a machine to do it evenly for a few years!

Thanks, Lisa

Vicki, I love that idea!

Linda, good thinking, I'll go check their web site. Thanks for suggesting it. Our latest "old" one is a Hamilton Beach. Was great when new.

My DH loves toast, and I though I might splurge on a good one for father's day. But I was shocked at the $300 price tags...and the meager 1 or 2 year warranty!!!

For even browning they recommend pre-heat the elements by running an empty cycle on high. That seems a bit wasteful in these energy-conservative times we're in.

Toasting seems so simple and basic, not sure why it is so tough to find a machine to do it evenly for a few years!

Thanks, Lisa

Guest Linda S

Vicki - I'm with you on the Dyson! That man has some incredible inventions. I've had a Dyson Animal vacuum for the last six or seven years and it is worth every single cent I paid for it. When we go to Costco now, they have the Dyson Blade hand driers in the rest room. What a concept! You just stick your hands in and whoosh! They come out dry with nothing but air touching them. I noticed the new fans at BB&B a few weeks ago, but I didn't have time to stop and look. Apparently, they work without fan blades. If he'd get on a good iron or toaster, we'd be all set!

Guest Linda S

Vicki - I'm with you on the Dyson! That man has some incredible inventions. I've had a Dyson Animal vacuum for the last six or seven years and it is worth every single cent I paid for it. When we go to Costco now, they have the Dyson Blade hand driers in the rest room. What a concept! You just stick your hands in and whoosh! They come out dry with nothing but air touching them. I noticed the new fans at BB&B a few weeks ago, but I didn't have time to stop and look. Apparently, they work without fan blades. If he'd get on a good iron or toaster, we'd be all set!

OK, I did it, I just emailed their home office in Chicago and asked if they would invent a dripless iron and while they were at it, how about a toaster that works as it should. I'll let you know if I ever hear from them! I offered to test drive any dripless iron they would come up with!

OK, I did it, I just emailed their home office in Chicago and asked if they would invent a dripless iron and while they were at it, how about a toaster that works as it should. I'll let you know if I ever hear from them! I offered to test drive any dripless iron they would come up with!

Archived