Edgerider wheels question - Updated

Guest Linda S

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Linda S

Hi all - I had forgotten that some of you were also having trouble, so I thought I'd post the suggestions that helped me here. Barna suggested that I check each wheel individually for damage. I did, and they all looked fine. He said to try and lift the machine a bit and see if I could spin each wheel. Of course, there will be resistance from the weight of the machine, but I had one wheel that would just barely budge. It was one with a cam, so I got out the wrenches and adjusted it, and now things are golden. I think that would be my best advice too. Take as much weight as you can off each wheel and try to spin it. You'll find the one (or two or three) that are giving you the trouble.

Guest Linda S

Hi all - I had forgotten that some of you were also having trouble, so I thought I'd post the suggestions that helped me here. Barna suggested that I check each wheel individually for damage. I did, and they all looked fine. He said to try and lift the machine a bit and see if I could spin each wheel. Of course, there will be resistance from the weight of the machine, but I had one wheel that would just barely budge. It was one with a cam, so I got out the wrenches and adjusted it, and now things are golden. I think that would be my best advice too. Take as much weight as you can off each wheel and try to spin it. You'll find the one (or two or three) that are giving you the trouble.

I'm glad you posted this! I have the same problem but haven't checked my wheels yet.

Another thing that happened today that is new for me: my SR hesitated to the point where it wouldn't stitch. It was in the horizontal direction, not the vertical. Not sure what caused it but it corrected itself.

I'm glad you posted this! I have the same problem but haven't checked my wheels yet.

Another thing that happened today that is new for me: my SR hesitated to the point where it wouldn't stitch. It was in the horizontal direction, not the vertical. Not sure what caused it but it corrected itself.

Linda, I have been wondering why my machine seems to be stiffer lately. I just went and checked, and there is one wheel with a cam that is barely moving. No wonder I have been having problems! Thank you for posting this. I am going to go make an adjustment so I can be a much happier camper today too!

Marg

Linda, I have been wondering why my machine seems to be stiffer lately. I just went and checked, and there is one wheel with a cam that is barely moving. No wonder I have been having problems! Thank you for posting this. I am going to go make an adjustment so I can be a much happier camper today too!

Marg

Guest Linda S

It your wheels are too tight/ too loose on the stitch regulator boxes, it can mess up your stitch regulator. That's the thing I hate about changing out the wheels is you always have to make sure you get that right, or you can have a real mess on your hands. I quilted a bunch last night and it was just like skating on glass. Felt great!

Guest Linda S

It your wheels are too tight/ too loose on the stitch regulator boxes, it can mess up your stitch regulator. That's the thing I hate about changing out the wheels is you always have to make sure you get that right, or you can have a real mess on your hands. I quilted a bunch last night and it was just like skating on glass. Felt great!

Dumb question. I have one wheel on left side of the carriage that is not budging at all when I lift the machine.

I can not seem to get it adjusted. Do I need a wrench on the bottom of the off set screw when I am turning the top to the what.......8 or 9 o'clock position? The right wheel moves freely.

Thanks for any help.

Dumb question. I have one wheel on left side of the carriage that is not budging at all when I lift the machine.

I can not seem to get it adjusted. Do I need a wrench on the bottom of the off set screw when I am turning the top to the what.......8 or 9 o'clock position? The right wheel moves freely.

Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by JeriGirl

Thanks. I hope I get them adjusted. The friend that put them on for me did not use all the washers as the directions said so not sure if that is contributing to my problem also?

Hey Shirley, there is a reason for the number of washers required for the install. If not enough were used, that is probably why your wheel is not moving. It is probably not getting the clearance it needs. which wheel is it? Email me if you like.

Originally posted by JeriGirl

Thanks. I hope I get them adjusted. The friend that put them on for me did not use all the washers as the directions said so not sure if that is contributing to my problem also?

Hey Shirley, there is a reason for the number of washers required for the install. If not enough were used, that is probably why your wheel is not moving. It is probably not getting the clearance it needs. which wheel is it? Email me if you like.

Archived