NEW ** LASER FRONT MOUNT BRACKET

Last week Connie aka Gator, posted about the laser mounting bracket that she got from Dave and Jane at Country Quilts and Crafts. The bracket mounts on the side of the Millie (available for Lenni, also), and puts the red dot in the center of the hopping foot. I've seen a laser mounted on the front of another brand of quilter and thought how great it would be tio be able to do that for exact positioning of the needle and stitch where we want it.

I have the Circle Lord front system and talked with Dave about the laser bracket and wanted to know if I could mount it with the CL front stylus arm, but it wasn't going to be possible to use both at the same time.

Dave to the rescue! Over night he created a NEW bracket that mounts on the front of the Millie, which will allow me to keep the CL front stylus arm on and have the laser on the front of the machine. We talked last week on Thursday, and my new bracket arrived today. WOW! Is he fast! Necessity is the mother of invention! :D

You don't have to have a Circle Lord to use this bracket - they are mutually exclusive. Attaching a picture to show how it mounts on the 2009 Millie.

If you want one of these, just contact Dave or Jane at http://countryquiltsncrafts.danemcoweb.com/shop/category/long-arm-accessories/

Last week Connie aka Gator, posted about the laser mounting bracket that she got from Dave and Jane at Country Quilts and Crafts. The bracket mounts on the side of the Millie (available for Lenni, also), and puts the red dot in the center of the hopping foot. I've seen a laser mounted on the front of another brand of quilter and thought how great it would be tio be able to do that for exact positioning of the needle and stitch where we want it.

I have the Circle Lord front system and talked with Dave about the laser bracket and wanted to know if I could mount it with the CL front stylus arm, but it wasn't going to be possible to use both at the same time.

Dave to the rescue! Over night he created a NEW bracket that mounts on the front of the Millie, which will allow me to keep the CL front stylus arm on and have the laser on the front of the machine. We talked last week on Thursday, and my new bracket arrived today. WOW! Is he fast! Necessity is the mother of invention! :D

You don't have to have a Circle Lord to use this bracket - they are mutually exclusive. Attaching a picture to show how it mounts on the 2009 Millie.

If you want one of these, just contact Dave or Jane at http://countryquiltsncrafts.danemcoweb.com/shop/category/long-arm-accessories/

post--1346190430932_thumb.jpg

Ardelle you can point the laser light into the middle of the hopping foot onto a spot on the quilt that you want your stitch to start (or end), then the needle will go into that exact spot. I think the folks that have computerized systems can use it to trace blocks or areas on their quilt so the stitching will be within the specific area. There are probably other uses that I'm not thinking of at this time.

Ardelle you can point the laser light into the middle of the hopping foot onto a spot on the quilt that you want your stitch to start (or end), then the needle will go into that exact spot. I think the folks that have computerized systems can use it to trace blocks or areas on their quilt so the stitching will be within the specific area. There are probably other uses that I'm not thinking of at this time.

Guest Linda S

Hmmm. I still don't get it. Doesn't the needle show you where the exact center is? Seems a bit redundant to me, but then again, I could just be very thick.

Linda

Guest Linda S

Hmmm. I still don't get it. Doesn't the needle show you where the exact center is? Seems a bit redundant to me, but then again, I could just be very thick.

Linda

I think the red dot is easier to see. If I use my needle instead I always lower it close to the quilt but since quilt tops aren't always even, my needle hits the fabric many times. I almost forgot, "old age" eyes can't always tell the difference between the silver needle and silver foot.

I think the red dot is easier to see. If I use my needle instead I always lower it close to the quilt but since quilt tops aren't always even, my needle hits the fabric many times. I almost forgot, "old age" eyes can't always tell the difference between the silver needle and silver foot.

Hi Linda, the laser does just that and lights the area up with the intensity of the laser light. It makes the point very easy to see and easy to locate start and stop points as your needle is usually in the up position when you are trying to locate a point .This eliminates the parallax as you try and get the needle in the exact spot. It is also a lot easier to see when locating a point to the rear of your work area. Thus keeping the operator from having to bend over so far, and distorting the accuracy of their placement by leaning on the front roller accidentally. I guess it just makes life easier!

Take Care and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to e-mail or call--sincerely---Dave B.

Hi Linda, the laser does just that and lights the area up with the intensity of the laser light. It makes the point very easy to see and easy to locate start and stop points as your needle is usually in the up position when you are trying to locate a point .This eliminates the parallax as you try and get the needle in the exact spot. It is also a lot easier to see when locating a point to the rear of your work area. Thus keeping the operator from having to bend over so far, and distorting the accuracy of their placement by leaning on the front roller accidentally. I guess it just makes life easier!

Take Care and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to e-mail or call--sincerely---Dave B.

Archived