'Trip x 2' completed !!! Thanks for your ideas.

This is just off the frame. There are several photos so please bear with me. thanks for the ideas.

More pictures at end

Note from the piecer: "The pattern is called Trip X Two, and is produced by Bigsby Designs. www.bigsbysewingcenter.com

It's actually a tradional design. They have a copyright on their instructions, but I found their method of construction more difficult than it had to be."

Marlene

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just off the frame. There are several photos so please bear with me. thanks for the ideas.

More pictures at end

Note from the piecer: "The pattern is called Trip X Two, and is produced by Bigsby Designs. www.bigsbysewingcenter.com

It's actually a tradional design. They have a copyright on their instructions, but I found their method of construction more difficult than it had to be."

Marlene

post--13461904354799_thumb.jpg

good ideas, doodlebug. It is a beautiful quilt with so many colors that the stitching won't show much. I thought I knew what I wanted to do on it, but once loaded I started questioning myself. the centre of the block is a 1 1/2" square so many of the Pam Clarke designs I considered don't work. I will keep looking at it and hopefully some others will also. Maybe something wonderful will come to me/us tomorrow! lol

good ideas, doodlebug. It is a beautiful quilt with so many colors that the stitching won't show much. I thought I knew what I wanted to do on it, but once loaded I started questioning myself. the centre of the block is a 1 1/2" square so many of the Pam Clarke designs I considered don't work. I will keep looking at it and hopefully some others will also. Maybe something wonderful will come to me/us tomorrow! lol

Linda,

I like what doodlebug drew out but if you don't think that will show I would suggest picking some dynamic shapes, echo them by 1/2" and then nail down the area around them so the shape will really show. You can then fill in that shape with something that works for the design. Or you can take that large block and break it into smaller blocks and then treat them each separately. Whatevery you end up doing I also agree with doodlebug that this is a stand and stare quilt so you have to come up with something that will draw the eye in and then keep the onlooker looking.

Linda,

I like what doodlebug drew out but if you don't think that will show I would suggest picking some dynamic shapes, echo them by 1/2" and then nail down the area around them so the shape will really show. You can then fill in that shape with something that works for the design. Or you can take that large block and break it into smaller blocks and then treat them each separately. Whatevery you end up doing I also agree with doodlebug that this is a stand and stare quilt so you have to come up with something that will draw the eye in and then keep the onlooker looking.

I am favoring the design in the bottom left corner block drawn by doodlebug. I was planning to use Rainbows 811 which blends with most of these batiks but I could choose a more dynamic color of thread to stand out more. I will have to get the pencil and paper out before I begin stitching. I will post a photo when finished. thanks for the suggestions. It is always helpful to think it through with other quilters.

I am favoring the design in the bottom left corner block drawn by doodlebug. I was planning to use Rainbows 811 which blends with most of these batiks but I could choose a more dynamic color of thread to stand out more. I will have to get the pencil and paper out before I begin stitching. I will post a photo when finished. thanks for the suggestions. It is always helpful to think it through with other quilters.

What a stunning quilt! I'm certainly no expert, but I favor the design in the lower left and the curved feather in the side triangles in Doodlebug's post. Also could find a way to highlight the "cross" in the center of the blocks. . . Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!

What a stunning quilt! I'm certainly no expert, but I favor the design in the lower left and the curved feather in the side triangles in Doodlebug's post. Also could find a way to highlight the "cross" in the center of the blocks. . . Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!

I made this quilt but it was called "It's Not Your Grandmother's Flower Garden". My quilt measures 120" x 120" and weighs a ton. I put a panto on it as I needed to get the quilting done quickly and my husband doesn't like a lot of quilting. There is a picture of it on my Flickr site (see my signature lines).

I made this quilt but it was called "It's Not Your Grandmother's Flower Garden". My quilt measures 120" x 120" and weighs a ton. I put a panto on it as I needed to get the quilting done quickly and my husband doesn't like a lot of quilting. There is a picture of it on my Flickr site (see my signature lines).

Archived