Have you ever had one of those days

I have to tell a story on myself that made me realize how fast I was moving and not paying attention. I was loading a quilt onto my frame, and I had one of Darlene Epp's little books laying on the quilt for ideas. After getting all ready to begin, I couldn't find the little book and thought to myself, I wonder if it is in the sandwich? But thought - no - I wouldn't have done that, but looked around and couldn't find it. Decided that after taking several phone calls, it probably was at the bottom of a stack of stuff. Well, I'm into the quilting process and sure enough, I found a lump - I had almost completely surrounded the book with stitching. Now - that is too preoccupied for my own good. Hope you all have a chuckle or 2 at my expense. I was able to get it out without removing any of the stitching but both my DH and I had a good laugh. Any other good little tales that you can tell on yourself?

And your worried about 5 thumbs...

Me I'm stilling trying to figure out my 42 fingers, and the having to cross your right arm over my head correctly and to stand on my left foot just right while I try to do feathers. Those things are going to be the death of me.....;)

You gals are to much: LoL

So far I have been very careful not to leave anything on or around the quilting area, but I can see how after doing this for some time one could start to get less vigilant.

I really want to know how Linda A. almost got a cat's tail quilted in. :)

TELL :) us Please Linda.

Hi Gerry,

I have the world's sweetest kitty, but I think she has some separation "issues"!:P

A few years back when I was quilting, my little kitten was next to me asleep on the front roller bars.

Little did I know that she had her tail switching back & forth between the quilt top & batting and backing! :mad:

I had to un-pick the stitching to remove her tail, as the fur was quilted!

Or the time my 4 yr. old sprayed spray adhesive in my bobbin hook area, as he had seen Mommy do it with WD-40!

Now that was a "sticky" day for sure!:P

:P Linda: :D

what was your poor kitty doing while you were unpicking her, purring or crying ?

If my cats see me comeing, and they are anywhere near a quilt, they head for the hills. They both thought that a snozz on the quilt in the frame would be wonderful, but after a spritz with canned air and a couple blasts from the air compresser they avoid my quilting room as best they can. The last thing I need to do is spend time getting cat hair off of a client's quilt.

Don't get me wrong I love my 4 legged fur persons, but they need to know that the quilting-room is off limits, they can have the rest of the house & any human they wish to sleep on.

Well, here's one. I can tell you, at the time this happened, they probably heard me in the next county. I was in a hurry to get started and was doing my usual cleaning, oiling ritual. I threw an old t-shirt across the carriage under the bobbin hook area to catch the drips. When I started up Aurora, the t-shirt slipped and somehow got caught in the hook. I tried to shut off the machine, but it wouldn't shut off, that is, until it jammed and the fuse blew.

It took me well over an hour to cut all the fabric out of the hook. Then I learned how to change the fuse. Of course, the timing was killed in the process. So, I had to sit down, calm down, and watch the maintenance dvd about five times before I was able to take Aurora apart and re-time her. I hoped I wouldn't have to ever learn that!

I spent half the day trying to right my wrong and was too worn out and frazzled to quilt! It's wasn't funny then, but I can sort of laugh about it now. I'm sure the neighbors thought a sailor had moved in.:P

I'm soooo glad to know that I'm not alone in my bloopers. The spray adhesive in the hook area sounds like something my friend might do. She used canned window cleaner as hair spray. Said that it did a pretty fair job of holding everything in place but had to wait for the foam to dissapear!

:D

Archived