small wall hanging

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heidi, another gorgeous quilt. This is in my favorites!

First question- Did you just stitch in the ditch around all the outside of the red and green material, or did you stitch in every block in the red and green?

Second - Were you able to sew the heart patterns in a continuous non stop manner?

First question- Did you just stitch in the ditch around all the outside of the red and green material, or did you stitch in every block in the red and green?

Second - Were you able to sew the heart patterns in a continuous non stop manner?

Originally posted by LibbyG

Second - Where you able to sew the heart patterns in a continuous non stop manner?

Libby,

I did the SID only around the outside perimeter as I figured it would make the circular shape show more. I was able to do it continuously for the most part. I would SID to the point, go in and do the heart, SID to the next point and do the heart. Then come down the other side doing the same in that direction. Then I did the feathers. In the middle I of course had to start and stop but it was pretty minimal.

Originally posted by LibbyG

Second - Where you able to sew the heart patterns in a continuous non stop manner?

Libby,

I did the SID only around the outside perimeter as I figured it would make the circular shape show more. I was able to do it continuously for the most part. I would SID to the point, go in and do the heart, SID to the next point and do the heart. Then come down the other side doing the same in that direction. Then I did the feathers. In the middle I of course had to start and stop but it was pretty minimal.

Wow I'm really glad you guys liked it. LOL I almost didn't post it. I was glad to finally have it done but I seem to be saying that a lot lately. The one I have on the frame now is going to take forever and I'll make pennies by the time I'm done. Oh well.

Linda here is the drawing of how I did the heart. I came in at the corner did one side with both curls and then the other. You could do the big one on each side and then the middle too.

post--13461904364313_thumb.jpg

Archived