NQR - Need prayers quick

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Praying for you and your family......

We had a wonderful service at Church this morning with Freedom songs and Liberty and we even read the Declaration of Independance..... very moving. I added your Father into my prayers with those in need, as well as all the service Men and Women who are so very far away from their families.

We do live in a Wonderful World with many Beautiful things..... I am thankful ..... and I know and believe that Miracles DO happen, and though bad things happen too, HE will see us through. Just learned that a very good friend of my husbands passed away today. As he was riding his motorcycle home, a deer jumped out into him..... he did make it to surgery...... Keep the faith - even in the hard times....

Connie, my thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family. I feel the same as others who have left you notes, please do not feel guilty about anything, that's not what parents want for their children. Sending you ((((HUGS)))). Take care of yourself too, it will help keep your mind clear. Prayers always..........

Connie,

About 12 years ago, my dad fell and hit his head. To make a long story short, he had bleeding in the brain and went into a coma. I flew in to be with my mom and when she was told that he had no brain activity and that she needed to decide if they should turn off the respirator, she couldn't bring herself to make the decision. She asked me to do it and I had to tell the doctors to turn off the machine. I knew my dad wouldn't want to simply exist on machines and what a drain it would be on my mother, both emotionally and finacially to have him kept alive by machines for an extended period of time. It was a hard decision to make, but I still think I made the right one. Whatever decision you make, it will be the right one for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

To my extended quilting family, thank you so much for the caring and prayers, we are feeling the love. It looks like tomorrow or Wednesday will be the day we totally put Dad in the Lord's hands. He's slipping more each day. It's been a week since he went into an induced coma (the doctors say it's sedated but of course we know better, lol). The nurse's said that he had a "slight staff infection" and that he was forming clots in his bladder and kidneys. They turned back his ventilator and things were good but last night he had real problems breathing on his own so they turned the machine up. This morning the doctor said that his response was worse, he did not respond to any of the "pain" tests which he previously had. They also said that his pupils were pinpointed and fixed. I don't know much medical stuff but on TV shows that's bad!! Tomorrow their doing an EEG and if it's bad, which the doctors expect, Gloria (his current wife), my sister and I are going to ask that the ventilator be removed. They are going to wait until I can get to PA first.

Sorry, I'm being long, but I don't have any close friends and feel that each and everyone of you are listening and care. It seems to help, sharing with you and thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul. This experience has convinced me that I need to make a living will because I don't want to put anyone in the position that my step-mom, me and my sister are in. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!:cool:

Guest Linda S

God bless you on your travels. I hope he either takes your Dad peacefully or decides to return him to you unscathed. I lost both my parents when I was very young. It's never easy to let them go, but I often think I had it easy letting go at the beginning instead of the middle of my life.

Hugs from your quilting family.

Linda

Archived