New Feather Technique????

I was at the MaineQuilts 2006 show yesterday and saw some amazing feathers with a little loop in the end of every other plume. The really cool thing is that it looked like the only place you have to backtrack is a bit at the top and a bit on the spine. Does anybody know who's technique this is? It's hard to explain, I'll post a picture once I get my stuff sorted out.

Several ladies thought I was nuts, looking at this quilt and tracing the stitching in the air with my finger... oh well

Leslie

Leslie---

Take a look in this topic (Quilt Designs etc.) under "new project" to view Stitchbee's (Claudia) beautiful feathers. Is that what you saw? Isn't that luscious!! Sherry Rogers-Harrison has her Formal Feathers book that will show you how to do those back-track feathers.

Linda R

Guest Linda S

Oh - I see what you mean. Yes, there are lots and lots of variations on what you can do with the ends of your feathers. If you get Sherry Rogers-Harrison's Formal Feathers 101 book, in the back, you can see lots of examples of fun feathers. Linda Taylor also teaches feathers with fancy endings. You're only limited by your imagination! :)

Linda

Great photo Leslie:

I immediately traced the pattern with my finger, so I guess us LAer's all think alike. :)

I'm just starting out, so for me it looks as hard as the next feather, I can see the extra little loop at the top of every second feather, my PPP days are not over, it will take me years to get some of this stuff right.

As I'm sure it has taken all of you ;)

Thanks for showing us something new, pic's are a big help.

Archived