New Website & Digitizer Info

Jess

I am so happy to announce that I finally got our new webstore up & running. I'm use to website design, but the e-commerce part of it was somewhat new to me & had me pulling out hair a few times, but Ha!!! I got it all to work together this morning.

We (My husband & I), started a digitizing company a few months ago & began digitizing for designers interested in having their designs digitized for print , CQ, other computerized quilting machines & Embroidery formats. Now we are getting our online store ready. We will have downloadable files for CQ & others, as well as digitizing many of the designs for embroidery formats as well. We have been digitizing for the embroidery & screenprinting community for over 7 years, so it was very natural for us to make the leap over to digitizing for computerized quilting machines.

There isn't much for products on the site right now - still working on making the product listings & getting the files loaded, but we are hoping to have downloadable designs available before QTW & designs on CD for QTW. We are currently working with a few designers & some of their designs will be available on our site for CQ. We have been digitizing some of Judy Allen's designs for CQ & will be having some of Her fabulous designs available on the site soon. I will als be putting my own designs on the site for download as we are able to get them digitized. We are aiming for designs that run well & are beautiful to work with, but I personally am aiming at providing some unique designs that aren't ordinarily found for quilters - some might say a little on the artsy or edgy side.

We are hoping that this all takes off, since we are hoping that eventually John can quit His over the road construction job & devote all His energies to digitizing. He is so much better than I ever even realized. You can hide so much in embroidery, but not in quilting & the digitizing that He's been doing is so perfect. I absolutely love the look.

His backtracking is not only on....it's dead on...like the second pass of stitches have the needle dropping right in the holes of the previous line. With thin thread you can hardly tell there is any backtracking & with thicker threads there is no "second line" or splitting of the previous thread.

I can't wait until He gets to more of my designs.

I am also hoping to be able to devote more time to the digitizing as our kids get more involved in the screenprinting & embroidery part of the businesses. Now I will get to concentrate on designing, quilting, & digitizing.

I also have some big plans for large format designs, but I have to keep that under wraps a little for now, until I know it will work.

Anyway, we are interested in talking to any designers who would like their designs digitized for CQ, Print, or any of the other formats we have available. So there's the Shout Out to those who might be interested. We are also providing the printing/publishing services for those designers who need it.

So, you can visit our new site, www.digitechpatterns.com , but don't be disappointed with what's offered right now, we are still under construction, but it should be really good in a few weeks.

Jessica

Jessica Schick

Millenium w/CQ

www.digitechpatterns.com - Digi-Tech ~ Digitizing & Pattern Printing Services

www.jessicaschick.com - Diversified Designs ~ Custom Quilting, Embroidery & Screenprinting.

This is just super news for all CQ owners. I am really looking forward to seeing these wonderful designs. Keep in touch with all of us CQ owners. Although we have some wonderful QUALITY designs, everyone is going to be thrilled that the options and choices have increased. Just like fabric, We can't get enough designs.

Thank you for taking the time to inform us. We are all looking forward to what is ahead of us.

Jess,

I just got back home and read your post!! I'm so glad you are coming online with designs for CQ owners!!! That is absolutely wonderful!!--- I am going to have to get a second job just to support my "design" habit!!! :P LOL!!!:P It seems I can't resist a good design.... even if I have no idea of what I'll put it on yet!!!

I browsed through your new site and will check back often to see what you have ready for purchase!! Also.... Can you tell me a little more about the Quilter's sketchbooks, workbooks, and such that you have listed??? I don't know what they are... but they sound very interesting!!!

Quilter's Sketchbooks were designed by my husband to cope with trying to digitize my designs, which don't always fit regular blocks - very much on the artsy side of things & purposely not symetrical most of the time. He made me some guides/grids of the most popular used quilt block & shapes so that I can sketch designs right on those guided pages. This helps our designers because they have a visual of the space that a design will be in (regardless of size - because once digitized the designs are completely scaleable within the programs we use for ditizing). This helps us because if a designer wants the can just send us the page or book back & we can digitize right from that drawing. It fits our scanner & the guides help us to know what kind of space fill is the objective of the design. It also cuts down on the time it takes for us to digitize because we know the space:design relationship that the designer is going for & it is on a size paper that is easy for use to deal with & we have perfect lines as part of the grid/guide that can be used to register to the design orientation as part of digitizing. This there's less fussing with did the designer draw it a degree or two off, or did we scan in the drawing not quite squared up, etc. It's helped me to design better for many of those reasons. I can draw anything, but never really worried about whether I was a few degrees off on the page because as freehand quilters we make those adjustments, but the designs have to be perfect when they go into CQ or others for that matter. You get exactly what you put in, so making sure they are right is more important. I think they are a great tool for the professional designer, but also for beginning designers, quilters, etc. because it gives reference lines that are in formats that we as quilters use all the time. Also it is great for applique design if it will be used in conjunction with blocks because you can see how everything will be placed. For hand quilters it serves the same purpose as for machine quilters, without the digitizing factor. The guides with a design can be placed on a light box with the block right over it & alignment can be done by lining up block lines & the sketchbook guidelines for non Computerized machine users. I could go on & on about how many ways they can be used. They are great tools for teachers to use with students in their design classes, since they are already together, have the uses described previously, spiral bound so they are easy to take along & flip completely open so that you can draw anywhere without papers flying everywhere. For me, I know that I'm not going to take one sheet & go make copies & try to keep everything together when I'm traveling, so I want to just grab a sketchbook & go. So our Quilter's Sketchbooks have 100pgs, 10pages of each type of layout page (some have one big block on them , some have several, like the pie shape page which has 4 pie sections on each of 10 pages.) Each design guide is given in 2 different sizes. Most have an 8" & a 6" so that if a designer wants to draw close to the size they will be using they can.

Vol. 1 has the grids for mainly motif style blocks - 8pt star, pie shape, divided squares, & diamonds. But we are also going to be publishing additional vol's. At least 3 are in the works right now. One that has all divided circle & oval guides, one with all different types of hearts & possibly paisely shapes, & another that is full of guides for different types of corners & pantograph designs.

They are available retail right now, but I just have to get on the site & get the listing done for wholesale orders & then they will be able to be ordered wholesale for resellers & instructors.

If you have any other questions that maybe I missed, just let me know.

BTW: Thanks for the Whoohooo on the site. I am hoping to get as many quality designs as possible onto our site for download, with multiple designers. I will post as we upload our first designs. We just got approval on our first ones to go up yesterday, so by the beginning of next week I hope to have the ones that are ready loaded up.:D I'm so EXCITED & interest & response has been really good so far.

Jessica

www.digitechpatterns.com ~Digitizing & Pattern Printing for Computerized Quilting & Embroidery

www.jessicaschick.com ~ Custom Quilting, Embroidery & Screenprinting

No problem, glad to help. I will be putting up the wholesale (by permission & account set up only) description tonight, if you would be buy them for resale, or feel free to use the retail side of the store for individual purchases. Thanks

The wholesale Sketchbook listing is now up. We re-thought the minimum quantity for wholesale & lowered it to 6 so that more instructors could take advantage of wholesale pricing if they have a resale number. To take advantage of wholesale pricing customers will have to register as "members" & provide their resale number on the order, or provide it to us before we fill the order.

We are in the process of sew out now on the downloadable designs that were approved this week, so it looks good to get them ready for sale for the beginning of next week. So far, so good.

We have done it. I just finished uploading our very first design for CQ download on our new site. Now I am going to go do the happy dance. I have another half dozen or so to load up tomorrow & we've got about 100 more that just need a little more tweaking before we load them up.

Whohooooo!!!!:D

I am just too darn excited. Here's where to go to see that very first design, www.digitechpatterns.com

We will have edge to edge patterns coming soon. I have a couple of mine that I am in the middle of digitizing & we just sent out the drafts on several to Sue Schmieden for Her approval before they go up on the site. Hopefully they will be back & ready in a week or so. :)

Sue,

Thanks for visiting the site. I'm glad you like the designs that are up. There are some repeats up there because to have them be able to be searched by individual designer & just from the "computerized quilting designs" link they ended up in the catalog twice, but I will be working on that also, so that each design is only shown once.

I have a few more that need to be uploaded tomorrow sometime also. They are more of Judy Allen's motif designs, but Sue Schmieden is sending back the first drafts of Her pantograph patterns tomorrow, so we are hoping to have them up by the end of next week. We are also working on a couple of wholecloth & garment designs at the moment.

I'm hoping to get some more of my own designs done this weekend (during my own time - isn't it always that way).

One note is that anyone who downloads or buys the CQ version - make sure to read through the text file also, as it lists some of our test results & makes some recommendations for machine settings for the designs.

Thanks again,

Archived