Look what I came home with!!!

WOW!! I stopped in to visit a friend and drop-off her latest quilt I finished for her..... and she sent me home with this!!

I am SO excited!! My girls and I have instructions to bring anything we make over to show her and thats all she wants in return.... I told her to not write me out a check for the quilting and binding I did for her - and that I should be paying her!

She would have none of that - very sweet lady - I just love her to pieces..... we had a very sweet visit - but it was all very hard. She is going through Chemo (sp?) again and she wants to clean out her sewing room a bit..... Only keep the projects she is working on, or has all of the fabric for.

post--13461904375001_thumb.jpg

Most of these are FQ but the basket that was on the bottom of the shelf (which she also sent home with me) has 1 yard cuts.

These are my favs so far... have a guestion here - the package with the Aunt Grace FQ says "Friends Around the World" anyone know a good pattern for that???

These fabrics have pics of Big Ben, mexican hats and such - diff. countries....

post--13461904375111_thumb.jpg

I LOVE rocks! We came home with a bunch from our honeymoon... My fav is petrified wood - see the big round chunck?? That is it - awesome! My girls and I were just looking through the rocks for about an hour when we got home....

I think we will send her flowers and a huge "Thank-you"! Such nice people...... I don't ever want to have to say good-bye......

Originally posted by Bonnie

I see what looks like a piece of moss agate in there as well. Those are getting hard to find.

My grampa's ranch in Montana has lots of those moss agates. Grampa had a rock slicer and tumbler in his basement and made jewelry from his agates. I have some of those in my jewel box; some look like scenes of trees and mountains. Really neat stuff!

Jeanne - that was one of our stop on our honeymoon... we went all the way up the north shore with his bike on a trailer behind the truck. Then we could stop and go off-and-about on his Harley.

Was a bit freaky on this gravel road when the logging trucks came flying around the corners! Yeicks!!!

Bonnie and Shanna - Now I need to do a bit of research and find out which are the moss agates - always good to learn new things!

and I feel a bit guilty - I won the FQ lottery drawing at our guild meeting tonight - how funny is that!!

Originally posted by Judi

These are my favs so far... have a guestion here - the package with the Aunt Grace FQ says "Friends Around the World" anyone know a good pattern for that???

Isn't there a pattern called something similar - "Hands around the world" or, I Googled it - "Trip around the World" Maybe that isn't "fancy" enough - but if the fabrics are really cute then maybe it would be good to keep pieces reasonably large!!

Perhaps it won't work iwth a FQ set though!!

Hope that the Chemo will do it's stuff and that your friend will have plenty more time for quilt making!!

Thanks for the link advice - I am going to do some googling too.... I found one photo that somebody made for a challenge with this fabric and it has ladies all holding hands around in a cirlce.... like the globe..... looks great!

Not sure how well the Chemo will work again, I think this is her 5th or 6th time at at. She went through Breast Cancer twice and now it is in her bones and they keep fighting it.

It is hard sometimes to know that bad things happen to such good people...... when there are such awful people in this world living large with no cares. I do have hope that GOD will sort them all out in the end.

Linda - thanks for that link - very pretty!!! I am going to look online to find more of that fabric with the little girls on.... I can see fussy-cutting them for borders and blocks like this - great idea! Would probably need a bit more than a Fat Quarter....

Archived