Innovations 2010--change of venue for the dinner!!!

ffq-lar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well quilters, we have a problem...

I just called the Spaghetti Factory to add two more to our dinner reservation and was told they "lost" the reservation and can't seat us on Friday. After speaking to the manager who apologized but couldn't fix it (she thought perhaps the host put us down for August instead of September--but then when we didn't show up, why didn't they call me?)

So---change restaurants? Or change nights? Or any other suggestions?

Let me know what you think. :(

New venue for the dinner!!

The Harmon Brewpub is thrilled to take us all as a group on Friday at 6:30.

It is 5 blocks south of the Convention Center on Pacific.

Any who wants to meet just after 6pm at the registration desk area--we can walk down together.

I will try to U2U or email all involved.

See you soon!!

• 2 weeks later...

Did I say to stop and see Al & I at the APQS booth? Well, please do.

I will have lots of parts and things available and also some pantos and zippers from Sue Schmeiden. The machine there will be mine (a 2006, so no quilt glide), but it will be on a Bliss Table. The sign will say P's & Q's (and other things, too) with APQS also featured on the sign.

Hope to see you there.

I just spent the afternoon with Patty Jo as she delivered her two entered quilts to Innovations. We gabbed, ate, laughed, and solved so many of the world's problems! Now if only someone would ask us what to do......;)

Pat will be representing Quilter's Rule at a vendor booth at Innovations. Be sure to stop and introduce yourself if you haven't met her. She's a marvelous charter member of the Moxies and a warm and wonderful person.:cool:

Oh gosh - - - (blushing) - - - Linda, you are over the top this time! Yes we talked our way through 4 hrs of driving, shopping & eating and I don't think there was over a 30 second lull. Yes, please stop at the Quilter's Rule Booth and introduce yourself to me. I'd love to meet you and you can check out the fun tools that I will have with me.

"We have a new Cable Tool that is real cool

and you can hope

that we will still have the tool so you can make a rope"

OH dear - Stop me now....:P.. I'm still giggling over Linda's quips and quotes! OK, bye Hope to see you at Innovations this year.

Is anyone else staying at the Hotel Murano? My roomie called and found out they charge $9.95 per day per computer for internet service! That would be $20 a day for the 2 of us!!! I haven't paid for hotel internet hookups ever! Very surprised and very disappointed in this hotel policy. Just so you're all aware. :o:mad:

Wow, Darlene, it sounds like the hotel has found one more way to separate you from your money! In past years, I've stayed across the street from the Convention Center at the Courtyard by Mariott and didn't have any extra charges for computers. You might try there and see if they have rooms available.

Don't pay the fee, Darlene.

Tacoma is nick-named the wireless city and you can find wireless hookup at every Starbucks and lots of other places. This will keep you connected to your world and also give you that jolt of caffeine! Starbucks is one block away from the Convention Center.

Got here today with my helper and friend Lucy. We got the Quilter's Rule booth all set up and ready for all the great quilters that are coming to take classes and see the quilt show. And WOW, there are some jaw dropping quilts displayed this year. Can't wait to see all of you that are attending this year. ;)

Archived