Broken bobbin case

This is what I get for playing around late at night when I'm tired, and should be going to bed. Last night I put the bobbin case in, but somehow it got stuck - I didn't want to pull at it too much but my husband (bless his heart) wanted to help and pulled it out, but also broke that little latch/lever piece. I want to put in another bobbin case, but does anyone think I may have damaged more than that? I didn't break any needles, or even try to sew after it got stuck, but what do you think? It was just the end of a really, really bad day - should have known!

I'm with Heidi--if the lever that is on the outside of the case is the part that broke, your timing is probably OK. BUT--check carefully to make sure. I would wonder though what caused it to be so stuck that it was broken removing it.

Hang in there--these are those "learning experiences" that soon make you a fearless quilter as each is overcome in its turn!:D

Thanks for the replies - I really don't know how I put the bobbin case in so it got stuck (??) but I did try the flywheel and it all seems normal, so I'll give it another try. I think I somehow jammed it in there wrong (like I said, tired at the end of a bad day at work) and the only damage was to the bobbin case itself. I'll be back if there's problems . . . take care - thanks again. Bev

I used the bobbin case from my Brother 1500 (identical) and all is fine - in fact, it seems to be smoother than ever??? Guess I didn't damage anything else . . . and you are so right, Matt - I'm getting rid of the day job in October. Winters in Mexico - spring and summer quilting . . . that sounds pretty good to me! Take care - and thanks again - Bev

Archived