Riddle me this Batman. Do the CQ designs print out, like if

you wanted to print a triangle or panto, is it possible to

install the software and just print the design. Those Linda

feather packs are so wonderful. I would love to put those

triangles into my current quilt.

Do any of you CQ folks, know the answer? Can you just print

the designs from the CQ software??

Dear "Riddler", :)

There is not a built in print option in the CQ program. I can see where it would be useful to panto users.

You could program all your sizes (quilt and pattern) to fit, then print it off on a banner plotter. Load it on the table and you have custom paper pantos! That would be a great product concept for people that are fussy about their pantos, but are not willing/able to buy CQ.

You never know though, CQ is on the "cutting edge" so I will pass this along to Stan at Compu-Quilter. ;)

Please do Linda!!! That would be great if they would sell the software with the print feature, because even if you didn't own a banner plotter you could put the info on a disc and take it over to Kinkos or a copy place so they can print it off in the size needed.

I would be interested in this, can't really afford another $14,000 to buy CQ now.

Joann

When the designs are opened in Autosketch you can use the print function. If you have a large scaler printer or a plotter, you would be able to copy/paste to put repeats together to make the whole design, but if you wanted to print out just the one repeat or motif & it fits onto regular sized paper you can print it out on your home printer. Although we haven't used Autosketch to print out 'tiled' pages (we use a different program for that). I 'm assuming that Autosketch possibly has the capability to printout larger designs in a tiled format on your regular printer so that they can be taped together, if you don't have access to a larger format printer or plotter.

I haven't looked to see if it does it right from CQ command program, but I know that you can output in print form from Autosketch. So just use the .dxf , .dwg, or .skf files to print, if they are available with the design you want to print out.

Jessica

www.digitechpatterns.com ~Digitizing & Pattern Printing Services for Computerized Quilting & Embroidery

www.jessicaschick.com ~ Custom Quilting, Embroidery & Screenprinting

Archived