My Stencil Throwdown Entry

This is my entry for the throwdown.

I can't seem to get the hang of posting multiple pictures in a single post, sorry.

The stencil is designed to make a 42" round table cloth. It is number HOL-132-42 from The Stencil Company. Designed by Holice Turnbow. It measures 18" X 19"

I used blue water soluble "Mark-be-Gone" pen to mark the entire quilt. I also learned (the hard way) just how warm halogen lights can get and how little heat it takes to set that blue marker.

This is a customer's quilt that she donated to be raffled off to benefit a local church. It is called Theresa's Basket and is a pattern from Quilt in a Day's book Cross-Stitch quilts. It measures 91" by 109". I used soft and bright poly batting.

I spent 4 hours working out the design, 5 1/2 hours marking the quilt and 25 hours actually quilting it.

There is so much open space, it was almost like doing a wholecloth quilt. I needed something to fill the space, but not detract from the center. This stencil was just what I wanted, but was too big for most of the spaces, so I used parts that would fit as single motifs.

To highlight the stencil work I added chevron-hatching in the background and then formal feathers in the outer border.

post--13461904458911_thumb.jpg

Wonderful Quilting on this almost wholecloth. It does seem to have so much open space, it must have been very intimidating to start off, kind of like a writer looking at a blank piece of paper. You did a wonderful job and way too nice for a raffle, Hopefully the winner will be one who really appreciates such a wonderful quilt. Great Job!!

Archived