Animal prints with circles - Huh?

I'd do lines, but not straight ones, I'd make them squiggly, not an echo kind of squiggle, I'd try to keep them from echoing each other. I think those animal prints need that movement so they'll come alive and not look so flat. Then McTavish the black areas and SID around the circles so they'll pop against the McTavishing. I really like this quilt, can we see the whole thing? And again when you finish it?

If the circles are bondawebbed on, maybe you need to sew around each one twice or do a tiny rough zigzag that would be a bit like an African mask and small freehand it to the next one with some kind of geometric fill

If just a wall quilt then circles or swirls?

Actually, I love this quilt because it is so different. I would do McTigering in the black and maybe some jungle ferny frondy things or a geometric african design in the lite animal skins. For the circles, I would do a large zig/zag around the outside and just into the circle, kind of like a sun burst in each one to make sure they stay down. What ever you decide to do will be great. Like I said, I really love this quilt. Can you get the pattern info from your customer and share it?;)

Love that quilt - and have loads of animal prints that would work really well like that. But, quick reality check,:( I am NEVER going to do all those little circles which really make the difference. So, I will just hang on to my animal prints until I come up with some thing that I will actually do!! Good luck with the quilting. I look forward to seeing it finished!:)

Archived