Judy Allen Royal Plumes Panto question

This is my very favorite panto, but it's 17 inches and a real challenge to do a large quilt with it. Does anyone possibly have contact info for Judy? I would like to ask her if I could get a copy resized to 15 inches, but I'm unable to come up with any way to contact her via a Google search, she doesn't appear to have a website unless I missed it.

Thanks!

I requested that size after MQS last year and was told they would work on it. They came out w/a 10" one. Not exactly what I wanted. I bought the CD for the IQ so I hope when IQ is installed I can size it down. If you can resize these things with a computer why can't you resize the panto then make your own?

Okay, Golden Threads holds the copyright on the design, and they told me that Judy Allen has requested this design only be made available in the 17 inch size. Digitech would resize it with permission, but unfortunately I can't get permission...darn.

If a panto size is close to or at the limit in inches that the quilt space of your machine can do then as the larger quilts are advanced onto the take up roller you won't be able to do the bottom of the quilt (because the bulk of the quilted stuff on the take up roller eats up the inches of quilting space on the throat of your machine) hope this makes sense.

Totally didn't think about it tonight, but CJ you could order the digital version from us & use the PDF, DXF, WMF, or SVG file to resize & print out the pattern any size that you need. You'd would have to tape the pages together or take the file to your local print shop & have them print at the requested size, but it can be done. With that being said the lines will be closer together since it's the same pattern, just made smaller.

BTW, Judy didn't have a problem with the pantos being printed smaller. GT holds the first rights of refusal which means that since we have a newer contract with Judy that we have to abide by their request not to physically print Judy's patterns unless they don't want to do so or agree that we can. But this does not include the offering the digital file formats that can be printed at any size by our customers who wish to download them & print them out themselves.

There is a free program that you can download that will allow for pefect resizing & printing of these types of files. It is called Inkscape, avl at www.inkscape.org.

If you have ANY questions about this & how to use the digital files to print your own pantos please feel free to ask or email me privately: jessica@digitechpatterns.com

Archived